Continuing on the Orient Express

Old January 2nd 05, 12:01 PM
Miss Violette

Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote in
message ...
"Your Royal Highness, may I present the Countess Persia von
Katzenplatz? Countess, these are our hostesses, the Princess Cleopatra
Silvercat, Mlle. Ans, and their winks, TV and Tiger."

The two gentlekitties rise and bow to the Countess. "Would you like to
join us, Countess and Mr. FitzThomas?" Cleo asks.

"No, thank you, ma'am," replies Monty. "Perhaps another time.
However, I would be most gratified if you would accept this coulibiac
which I have ordered from our chef." A waiter-kitty has come up behind
him with a tablecloth-covered cart bearing a domed platter.

"Why, thank you, sir," replies Mlle. Ans. "That is most kind of you."

What a nice ladycat! And that Monty is such a gentleman. I haven't found
a chef who could prepare a decent coulibiac for years. This will be
quite a treat. We'll have to find something nice to do for the Countess
and for Mr. FitzThomas.

Cleopatra

I think we shuuld send her sum flowerz alzo, Tiger

Old January 2nd 05, 03:49 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

TV gets the wait kitty attention and Tiger orders a nice nip brandy to be
sent to the countess and Monte fur after their dinner...

Dey seemed a bit sad didunt deyTV

Yez dey did Tiger,...

both boycats hug their girlcats and are gratful fur their wonnerful gud
furtune to be so happy

That was very nice of you boys! They should enjoy that.

Yes, the Countess did seem a bit down. Maybe this trip and some good
company will help cheer her up a little.

Cleopatra
Old January 2nd 05, 05:24 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On 1 Jan 2005 19:41:05 -0800, Elizabeth wrote:

Monty enters the dining car with Countess Persia on his paw. He is
wearing a rather dashing double-breasted charcoal tuxedo, with just a
hint of a stripe in the fabric, and a finely tucked shirt with a black
silk tie. The Countess is in a 'little black dress', quite reminiscent
of Audrey Hepburn, or purrhaps Jackie Kennedy, but of dark royal blue
(not quite navy) velvet and satin instead of black. Around her neck is
a magnificent jewelled collar of what appear to be diamonds and
sapphires.

Monty speaks to the maitre-d' kitty, and leads the Countess over to the
table.

"Your Royal Highness, may I present the Countess Persia von
Katzenplatz? Countess, these are our hostesses, the Princess Cleopatra
Silvercat, Mlle. Ans, and their winks, TV and Tiger."

The two gentlekitties rise and bow to the Countess. "Would you like to
join us, Countess and Mr. FitzThomas?" Cleo asks.

"No, thank you, ma'am," replies Monty. "Perhaps another time.
However, I would be most gratified if you would accept this coulibiac
which I have ordered from our chef." A waiter-kitty has come up behind
him with a tablecloth-covered cart bearing a domed platter.

"Why, thank you, sir," replies Mlle. Ans. "That is most kind of you."

"You are quite welcome, mademoiselle. And, your Royal Highness,
perhaps you could point out your small sisfur, Harri? There is a
portion of coulibiac for her and her friends as well."

"I believe the kittens are over there, by the window. Sundance is
looking after them."

"Thank you again, ma'am. A bientot." Monty bows and escorts the
Countess across the car to the kitten table. The waiter-kitty serves
portions of the coulibiac to Cleo and her friends and follows.

"Meow, kittens," says Monty. "And Mr. Sundance, your very obedient. I
have a little treat for you all. It is called a coulibiac, a Russian
dish I first encountered in Ireland, of all places. It is a fresh
salmonfishie in a crust with mashed hard-boiled egg and sturgeonfishie
marrow. I believe the chef has added a special touch of his own, glass
noodles cooked in fishie broth, and there is a dill-nip sauce to go
with it. I hope you enjoy it."

The kittens (being very well-brought-up) meow their thanks. Monty
smiles at them and leads the Countess to their own table. The
waiter-kitty brings the last of the coulibiac to them, and a
sommelier-kitty pours glasses of Piper-Heidsieck Brut Sauvage.

The Countess tastes the coulibiac and nods her approval. Then she
lowers her fork, looks across the room at the kittens (enjoying their
salmon enormously, if not quite as neatly as their surroundings would
dictate, were they older), and sighs. "Such nice kittens. There will
be no more for me, Montgomery, and, as things are, I am not sure but
that it is a good thing. But I miss the thunder of small paws and
their happy voices at play."

"You were an excellent mother, ma belle. Even I..." He stops, and
decides not to follow that line of thought. "But this is supposed to
be a pleasant journey. A happy new year, to you and to all our
friends, present and absent." He lifts his glass, clicks it to the
Countess's and sips it appreciatively.

A little sadly, the Countess responds, "Absent friends, Montgomery.
And an happy new year to your as well."

Anaïs rises, and gently curtsies to the Countess " How do you do,
Countess; I am please to make your aquaintence." she turns toward Monty
"Why thank you, Mr. FitzThomas! What a lovely choice. We'll all enjoy it!"
I hope that the both of you will be joining us for dinner at the Trattoria
LaBuca tomorrow night. And' I believe that you know my Uncle Darius Lechat
who will be there with us - hez the retired conductor of the Feline
Symphony - the kitty who married Maria Catlas, the opera diva... And there
is a car rental agency at the siding in Parma if the two uv you preffer
nottid to take da bus."

As Monty and the Countess walk toward Harri and Sundance's table, Anaïs
speaks to her friends "They make a luffly cupple, don't dey?Tomorrow will
besuch a nice day; da Po valley iz a bootiful part uv Italee - I spent my
summers here wif my Uncle an' Aunt while I was in college attid da Sorbonne
- dey bottid a liddle estate wif a creamery an' winery az a hobby, an' den
retired dere."

She raises her glass to her companions, and toasts the new year, and
Tiger, her wink "Cleo, wood yoo make a toast fur efferkitty, I tinks
effurrykitty iz heer..."
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/2/2005 12:08:10 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 2nd 05, 08:26 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

She raises her glass to her companions, and toasts the new year, and
Tiger, her wink "Cleo, wood yoo make a toast fur efferkitty, I tinks
effurrykitty iz heer..."

Thank you, Mlle Anais, I'd love to.

[Cleo stands and addresses the room]

If the wait staff would be so kind as to see that everykitty has a glass
full of the beverage of their choice...

Greetings, everykitty, and Happy New Year to all of you and your feline,
human, and in some cases canine families. It is truly wonderful to be
gethered here with such caring, special friends. This is the most
wonderful community of kitties I have ever know or even dreamt of.

This last year has seen some tragedies and some joys. We have seen far
too many of our family members leave us for the Rainbow Bridge, and our
families have suffered many hardships. We have seen natural disasters
claim many thousands of human and animal lives. Yet we also got to watch
Lilith Kitten and Samuel Kitten get winked, several Out cats become In
cats, and several of our number found their OneTrueHomes.

In this year just begun let us witness our families receive many new
blessings, all of us and our families experience a new prosperity, many
new kitties find OneTrueHomes, and all of us know a new healthy life.
Let our humans find the toona places they want, and let's observe our
respective countries behaving with respect, honor, and civility towards
each other.

[Cleo raises her glass]
Everykitty, here is to 2005!
[Cleo takes a sip of nip champagne, and the other kitties do likewise]
Old January 5th 05, 01:59 PM
Miss Violette

[...]

You iz so eloqint, TV, wisperin into his ladycat earz

Old January 5th 05, 02:27 PM
Miss Violette

Miss Violette wrote in message

[...]

Trudi turns and Toasts with BK at their small table back in the corner... I
sure iz glad you camed on diz her trip, I liked gifin away doze prezziez,
Trudi... places her paw stragetically on da table to be held, but she's
tryin notta be pushi

Old January 6th 05, 04:09 AM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat

You iz so eloqint, TV, wisperin into his ladycat earz

Thank you, handsome TV. If I am, it's just because you inspire me!

CLeopatra
Old January 6th 05, 07:09 AM
Miss Violette

Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote in message
You iz so eloqint, TV, wisperin into his ladycat earz

Thank you, handsome TV. If I am, it's just because you inspire me!

CLeopatra

smooch, TV, knowing its not true but likin it anyway