Kitten Found in the Middle of Hwy 21

Old October 13th 12, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Kitten Found in the Middle of Hwy 21

To provide some background, where I live (Dataw Island) has a rather
antiquated "listserv" (mass email list) for residents. It's known as the
Dataw Net.

So a resident sent this to the list:

"Driving into town last night, we saw a tiny kitten cringing in the center
lane of the road between the post office and the recycle center. There was
traffic zooming by her on both sides and she was terrified. We stopped and
I managed to grab her without either of us getting killed. No mama or
siblings in sight. We brought her home, and she got a clean bill of health
from the vet this morning. Now--because no good deed goes unpunished--I
have a kitten for which I need to find a home! I cannot keep her (husband's
rules!)

She is ADORABLE...very friendly, affectionate and playful, and purrs very
loud. Likes laps. The vet estimates she is 7 weeks old.

If you or anyone you know might be interested in a new best friend, please
come see her! I'll cover her first round of vaccinations, and if her taker
lives on Dataw, I'll throw in some pet sitting services!"

She included pictures... OMG! It's a baby Persia! I didn't know Persia as
a tiny kitten but I swear this one looks just like I imagine she looked at
that age.

I think it's wonderful they stopped and rescued the kitten and took her to
the vet. I also think it's wonderful they'll pay for the first round of
vaccinations

Jill

Old October 14th 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, that was, and is, truly a good deed. I hope they find her a good home.

Joy

Old October 14th 12, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I cannot keep her (husband's rules!)

Get rid of the husband!

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 14th 12, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

I cannot keep her (husband's rules!)

Get rid of the husband!

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Easy for you to say, Mike Most of the couples who live here are over 65
and have probably been married for 30+ years. You don't throw out the baby
with the bath water

I sort of got "stuck" in what is essentially a retirement community. (They
don't call it that, of course.) At least she's trying to find a home for
the kitten, took her to the vet and is willing to pay for the next round of
shots. I'd take her if I could. Unfortunately, my senior cat (Persia) has
never tolerated other cats. And I've got enough on my hands without
worrying about integrating a kitten into the household.

Jill

Old October 14th 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

---MIKE--- wrote:
I cannot keep her (husband's rules!)

Get rid of the husband!

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

You remind me of an ad I saw several years ago, offering either a cat or
a husband "free to good home"!
Old October 15th 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:

I cannot keep her (husband's rules!)

Get rid of the husband!

You remind me of an ad I saw several years ago, offering either a cat or
a husband "free to good home"!

Yes! That's one of my favorites. Here it is:

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/humor/ad.jpg

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old October 17th 12, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

Yes, they must be really nice people. How nice too, that they will pay for
the vaccinations.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

(sigh) So far no takers. She sent another email with more photos this
morning.

Jill