IS THIS TRUE? !!!!!!

Old July 20th 03, 06:14 PM
Kimmo Sundqvist

Default IS THIS TRUE? !!!!!!

Xiao Sng wrote:

FOR EVERYONE WHO LOVES ANIMALS this is so
terrible.

For everyone who wants to keep his sanity, this is double-terrible

A site that we were able to shut last year has
returned.

You mean... someone sells these all the time, but you just shut down the
site and did nothing to stop the torture of innocent kittens??? :P

A Japanese man in New York breeds and sells kittens
that are called BONSAI CATS.

That would sound cute, if it weren't kittens

How 'bout bonsai puppies then?

If you think you can handle it, view
www.bonsaikitten.com and

No I can't. Actually very few people can handle insults to their
intelligence.

If you notice
that there are 500
names on the list, please send it to:

The sad intended victim... or spam address collector. See below.

Note- Copy this e-mail, paste it into a new one,

1. tan wei ee (singapore)
2. tan wei ting (singapore)

The names of 12 other suckers removed

Note... never forward any petition like this. All these are hoaxes, and
there is no possible way anybody will ever collect all these names to one
place and do something.

If you want to spam a mailbox of someone you really don't like, make up a
sob story and ask everyone participating in the petition to forward the
names to the mailbox of the person you so much dislike.

Also, if you want to collect email addresses of 1 000 000 gullible people,
ask every step of the chain letter to forward it to a special "collector
address". Put them on a CD and sell to someone who does actual commercial
spamming.

See:

http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/bonsai.html
http://hoaxbusters.org/ and there "Sympathy hoaxes", "Petitions" and "Chain
letters"

About all petitions:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm
http://www.nonprofit.net/hoax/catalo...in_letters.htm

Just couldn't find the one page I remember from some time ago that had these
so neatly summarized.

-Kimmo Sundqvist
Old July 20th 03, 07:27 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Just FYI, the "Bonsai Cat" web site does exist, but it is not some guy in
New York.... It was a web site that a student at MIT (that means
Massachusetts Institute of Technology) created as a joke, and it just never
seems to go away. Everyday, a few more animal lovers 'discover' the site,
and cry out in anger of the supposed treatment of said cats.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 20th 03, 08:26 PM
Kimmo Sundqvist

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:

Everyday, a few more animal lovers 'discover' the site,
and cry out in anger of the supposed treatment of said cats.

But this is our chance to fight against each and every form of email spam
petition epidemics. The links at the bottom of my message were for
everyone's information, and every time a spam petition thing turns up, we
should respond with some (not too many as I did) good links.

-Kimmo S.
Old July 21st 03, 12:12 AM

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:
Just FYI, the "Bonsai Cat" web site does exist, but it is not some guy in
New York.... It was a web site that a student at MIT (that means
Massachusetts Institute of Technology) created as a joke, and it just never
seems to go away. Everyday, a few more animal lovers 'discover' the site,
and cry out in anger of the supposed treatment of said cats.

Which I think is funny cause it is obviously a parady of how people think
of animals (I mean with the declawing and cropping of ears all for
appearance/convenience, there's not much difference than bonsai kitties.
Except one is not accepted and therefore easier seen as abuse, and the
other two are accepted and people will argue about why they aren't abuse).

Aliec

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.