valentine present...adopted by Luna!

Old February 15th 05, 03:36 AM
kitkat

Default valentine present...adopted by Luna!

My husband bought me some cute valentine's gifts...including a tiny
stuffed gund kitty kat that meows if you squeeze it. The first time we
squeezed it...Luna stopped dead in her tracks and came right up to the
kitty. Then she proceeded to try and carry the kitty around by the
"scruff" and lick it!!! She seems very attracted to the meow noise it
makes and garsh..it is SO cute! Hopefully I'll get some photos of her
with her newfound "baby" one of these days.

meow! meow! meow!

here comes luna now!

pam
p.s. happy valentines day cat lovers!!!!!!!
Old February 15th 05, 03:51 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
My husband bought me some cute valentine's gifts...including a tiny
stuffed gund kitty kat that meows if you squeeze it. The first time we
squeezed it...Luna stopped dead in her tracks and came right up to the
kitty. Then she proceeded to try and carry the kitty around by the
"scruff" and lick it!!! She seems very attracted to the meow noise it
makes and garsh..it is SO cute! Hopefully I'll get some photos of her
with her newfound "baby" one of these days.

;-)) Something similar happened w/ one of my cats - Demelza - & a plush cat
that I'd bought for my niece maybe 10 years ago. It was life-sized & also a
calico - actually looked very much like Demelza. Demelza sniffed it, tried
to groom it, & tried to get it to play over the course of 2 - 3 days. In
exasperation, when it just sat there & refused to play, she finally dragged
it off the sofa. (You *will* play!, sort of thing.) ;-)

A year or two later I got a plush cat for my nephew - one that looked like
his (real) B&W cat. I tried that one, too, & both of my cats (at that time)
checked out the plush cat - trying to greet it, sniffing its nose.

I'll post the pics I have of those encounters over at
alt.binaries.pictures.animals. If you take pics, do us the return favor??
;-)

Cathy

Old February 15th 05, 04:17 AM
kitkat

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
"kitkat" wrote in message
m...

[...]

When I get some pix, I'll post the links here.
I am not on the binaries group.
Old February 15th 05, 04:21 PM
Lesley Madigan

Sorta similiar.....

One of the mementoes I wanted after my mum died was a kitten sized
statuette of a cat (another story). Well for various reasons I only
finally brought it home just after Xmas. I put it in the TV stand....

Sarrasine spotted it first and she stared at it for a couple of
minutes and then she walked off....and returned carrying her favourite
toy of the moment- a catnip Santa which she put on the floor in front
of this new "cat". After a while, when this new "cat" didn't respond,
she threw the toy in the air several times and played with it then put
it back down and looked at the new "cat" as if to say "That's how you
do it." When she still didn't get a response, she got bored, picked
her toy up and walked off.

Enter Redunzel......

She stalked toward the new "cat" as if she were hunting. Tail fluffed
up, crouching down, pausing every few steps....until finally she
reached it. She then gave it a good whack with her paws and ran for
it!

Lesley

Slave of the fabulous furballs
Old February 15th 05, 06:41 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Cathy Friedmann wrote:

"kitkat" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Interesting. When Francis was about 2-3 months old, I started
increasing the number of "tussle buddies" he had available. These were
needed because he was growing up in isolation from the adults and needed
someone to fight with. I would deflect him onto one of them when he
went for my hands.

Anyway... back to the subject at hand. All of the stuffed animals I got
for him were immediately adopted for wrestling, except for one. That
one was a black Hallowe'en wizard bear with a distinctive coat, sort of
flat and curly, not soft and buzz-cut. When Francis first "met" him, he
groomed him! Very cute. He did go on to use him as a tussle buddy, but
that was not his first response. Come to think of it, that bear was the
only *black* buddy, and Francis is mostly black. Hmmm.

Priscilla
Old February 15th 05, 06:42 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, kitkat penned:
My husband bought me some cute valentine's gifts...including a tiny stuffed
gund kitty kat that meows if you squeeze it. The first time we squeezed
it...Luna stopped dead in her tracks and came right up to the kitty. Then
she proceeded to try and carry the kitty around by the "scruff" and lick
it!!! She seems very attracted to the meow noise it makes and garsh..it is
SO cute! Hopefully I'll get some photos of her with her newfound "baby" one
of these days.

meow! meow! meow!

here comes luna now!
pam p.s. happy valentines day cat lovers!!!!!!!

I demand pictures!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 15th 05, 06:43 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, Lesley Madigan penned:
Sorta similiar.....

[...]

That must be on e realistic statuette!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 16th 05, 03:55 PM
Lesley Madigan

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message ....

Sarrasine spotted it first and she stared at it for a couple of minutes and
then she walked off....and returned carrying her favourite toy of the
moment- a catnip Santa which she put on the floor in front of this new
"cat". After a while, when this new "cat" didn't respond, she threw the toy
in the air several times and played with it then put it back down and looked
at the new "cat" as if to say "That's how you do it." When she still didn't
get a response, she got bored, picked her toy up and walked off.

Enter Redunzel......

She stalked toward the new "cat" as if she were hunting. Tail fluffed up,
crouching down, pausing every few steps....until finally she reached it. She
then gave it a good whack with her paws and ran for it!

That must be on e realistic statuette!

Not particularly as it has wide "cute" eyes, it looks like it's
permanently staring and as cats are supposed to hate being stared up
(Sarrasine outstares everyone!) I hoped it would persuade Redunzel not
to go and hide behind the TV stand (It's not too stable and I am
worried that she might knock it down on herself not to mention that
she might be chewing leads behind there) thus far there has been a
marked reduction in sneaking behind the TV stand through it hasn't
worked totally

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs