The Food Game

Old February 15th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Food Game

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

No. I won't do this. If they will not eat the good cat food I provide

they
are simply not hungry. Neither of them have any special needs regarding
food. They can go without if they sneer at the food that is in their
dishes. I WILL NOT HAVE IT! I will not feed them again until they have
eaten the perfectly nice food that is in their dishes.
PPPffff. Cats? They will not get the better of me.

Food goes off, gets infested or otherwise goes stale if left out. Please
dont insist that they finish whats in their bowls before you give them any
more.

If they don't eat it, fine. Don't give them any more until next feeding
time - but at least accept that cats have preferences just like we do, and
give them something different at the next meal. If its dry food left out, it
can't be left out indefinatley as it does go stale and the oils in them
start to putrify, so it needs to be changed at least once a day. If its wet
food, you can always put it back int he fridge after 10 minutes or so, and
bring it out later, but even so, you will need to throw it out fairly
quickly if it isn't eaten.

Yowie

Old February 15th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-14, Yowie penned:

If they don't eat it, fine. Don't give them any more until next
feeding time - but at least accept that cats have preferences just
like we do, and give them something different at the next meal. If
its dry food left out, it can't be left out indefinatley as it does
go stale and the oils in them start to putrify, so it needs to be
changed at least once a day. If its wet food, you can always put it
back int he fridge after 10 minutes or so, and bring it out later,
but even so, you will need to throw it out fairly quickly if it
isn't eaten.

Oscar rarely even touches her wet food in the first hour it's out.
She might take a few bites.

She seems perfectly happy eating at her own schedule. I'm not going
to put away the uneaten food and leave her with nothing for the whole
day while I'm at work.

I feed her breakfast and leave that dish out until I feed her dinner.
Then that dish stays out till breakfast. I assume, if it bothered her
to eat stale food, she wouldn't eat old food at all; instead, she
seems to prefer it a little old. Maybe it smells "better."

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully