Amber's kittens

Old June 22nd 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Amber's kittens

They're now just about 8 weeks old. I'm still ranting and raving
over getting Amber spayed. Our mom said she'll pay for Amber to get
spayed, but whenever I say I'll set up an appt close by, and our
mom will even go get her and take her and pick her up, just to make
it easy on my sis, my sis says, well, let me go get a voucher from
the HS. **** that. It isn't happening. I feel so helpless. I feel
like I have to go catnap her just to get her spayed. The kittens
are eating well, healthy, and almost ready to be spayed themselves
(four spays, one castration). A guy I work with wants to take two
litter mates - the two tux's, Mary Kate and Ashley. I stopped by my
vet office today to ask about discounts for multi- ops but I waited
an hour to talk with her and she was so busy with 2 emergencies
that I never had a chance. I talked for a long time with the
receptionist/vet tech and she directed me to have my sister call
her Friday when one of their regs who volunteers with PAWS comes
in, and she'd likely take the others and have them
spayed/vetted/rehomed. My sis is luckily in agreement but still
insists on keeping the tortie kitten. Let me just scream now.
My vets office tech told me the good times to call, so I'll call
tomorrow to set up appts for at least Mary Kate and Ashley to be
spayed. We'll set up the other three neuters as we find interested
adoptees if PAWS can't take them. SPAY USA and SPAY Inc have been
useless. If the woman from PAWS will take the remaining kittens
now, they will get a donation from me that will take care of the
neuters. If any of you guys have a spare few cents, please give it
to your local rescues. They do such great work and even if it seems
they can't take in anymore, some of them always seem to find a way.

--
Cheryl
Old June 22nd 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
My sis is luckily in agreement but still
insists on keeping the tortie kitten. Let me just scream now.
My vets office tech told me the good times to call, so I'll call
tomorrow to set up appts for at least Mary Kate and Ashley to be
spayed. We'll set up the other three neuters as we find interested
adoptees if PAWS can't take them. SPAY USA and SPAY Inc have been
useless. If the woman from PAWS will take the remaining kittens
now, they will get a donation from me that will take care of the
neuters. If any of you guys have a spare few cents, please give it
to your local rescues. They do such great work and even if it seems
they can't take in anymore, some of them always seem to find a way.

They must've fallen in love with the kittens. It does sound like a
hard situation but it could be worse. It sounds like everyone is
going to be neutered and get homes, at least.

I'm not sure if a few cents would do anything for the local rescues.
The president of the local SPCA branch is paid a $350,000/yr salary.
The little shelter where I got Betty recently underwent a $4 million
renovation. It seems like around here instead of a few cents, they
need donations on the order of tens or hundreds of thousands of
dollars.

Old June 22nd 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news

I'm not sure if a few cents would do anything for the local rescues.
The president of the local SPCA branch is paid a $350,000/yr salary.
The little shelter where I got Betty recently underwent a $4 million
renovation. It seems like around here instead of a few cents, they
need donations on the order of tens or hundreds of thousands of
dollars.

Are there any rescue groups near you that rely on volunteers? We have a
local chapter of Alley Cats Allies that exists entirely on donations and
volunteer services. *Any* type of donation is a help to groups like that.

MaryL

Old June 22nd 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Purrs for the kittens to find good homes soon. And purrs for you,
Cheryl, for everything you've done for them.

Old June 22nd 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

The president of the local SPCA branch is paid a $350,000/yr salary.

Wow! I remember several years ago when they hired a new director of the
local Humane Society here, for $200K, and people were outraged. But he's
really justified his salary in the intervening years - he's really turned
that shelter into a vibrant, active, community-oriented resource. So I
guess I can't begrudge him for it after all.

Joyce