Rolo (RB)

Old August 24th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Rolo (RB)

Lesley wrote:

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

I'm so sorry about Rolo, but it sounds like he had a good life in spite
of everything.

Old August 24th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 23 Aug., 14:59, Lesley wrote:
I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

Also i have got a couple of meezers-I've always liked meezers and the
shelter stall had a pair of really beautiful meezer statues which are
now sitting on ,my bookcase guarding my Terry Pratchett hardbacks(The
bookcase is the only safe place for orlaments apart from the display
cabinet on the telly stand-anywhere else the Furballs knock things
off)

And I've told her I can help type newsletters and things like that so
I might be volunteering for them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am sorry to hear that about Rolo.
Every sad time I have to bury one of my cats I put something into the
little grave,
like a heart of painted wood or a little glass-mouse or something
similar.
It is like a last little farewell greeting.

Bettina
Old August 24th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 23, 7:05*pm, Marina wrote:

I'm so sorry about Rolo, but it sounds like he had a good life in spite
of everything.

I think he did a lot of the other FIV cats Joan gets are strays apart
from Vinnie(RB) whose owner died who get rounded up and find a last
rew years peace at Joan's where they have garden access (fenced in)
and a nice home with good food

Old August 28th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:
I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

snip
Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm so sorry to hear about Rolo.
Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old August 29th 08, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 23.08.2008 schrieb Lesley:

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

Dear Lesley,

I'm sorry to hear about Rolo.

Comforting purrs are on the way to you from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge