Dot's insanity

Old June 14th 12, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Dot's insanity

I happened to buy a refillable catnip mouse while I was shopping for
catfood at PetSmart.

When I got home, Buster watched intently as I filled the little internal
pouch from a vial of dried catnip. He's always the more curious when I have
a new toy.

When I put down the mousie though, Dot swooped right in. She started acting
bonkers, rolling around while nuzzling and biting the mousie. She finally
started holding it flush against her face, breathing heavily through it
like a distressed airline passenger desperately clutching an oxygen mask.
She made occasional snorting sounds as she started to roll around with the
mousie on her face, like she was reenacting a facehugger scene from an
Aliens film.

Buster watched all of this in horror, before slinking behind a nearby
couch.

When Dot finally recovered, she had the munchies, so went over to the food
bowls, eating ravenously. Buster, seeing that the coast was clear, also
went to check out dinner. But Dot had cleaned them out, and he sat staring
sadly at his empty bowl.
Old June 14th 12, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 6/13/2012 10:26 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

I love your description of Dot with the catnip mouse. Lucy Lu is a nip
head and does the same thing.

Ann
Old June 14th 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

So funny! Boyfie only reacts a bit to a old sock filled with catnip - he
rolls on it for a few minutes and rubs it with his cheek but loses interest
quite soon. Kitty Farmcat was totally immune.
I'd love to get Boyfie high on catnip because he is so serious and dignified
it would do him good, but it seems to have a limited effect.
Tweed

Old June 16th 12, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

(piggybacking because I still can't see tak's posts)

Persia likes it when I refill her "mouse". I store the dried catnip in the
freezer. I'm thrilled Dot had fun with the evil weed

Jill

Old June 17th 12, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 06:36:23 -0400, ann791 wrote:
I love your description of Dot with the catnip mouse. Lucy Lu is a nip
head and does the same thing.

She does?? Cats are such odd and unusual creatures - even when they're not
high.
Old June 17th 12, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:56:28 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article , Takayuki
wrote:
When Dot finally recovered, she had the munchies, so went over to the
food bowls, eating ravenously. Buster, seeing that the coast was clear,
also went to check out dinner. But Dot had cleaned them out, and he sat
staring sadly at his empty bowl.

Poor Buster!!! I bet he got his dish filled up again.

I have to ask, did Dot have a hangover?

Staring sadly at the food bowl is pretty effective at getting it filled.