Poor widdle Bonnie

Old July 7th 12, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Poor widdle Bonnie

Christina Websell wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
One can accept a cat as he or she is, but that still doesn't mean it
doesn't

hurt when a cat won't warm up to you. I know my son was hurt because
Nanki-Poo (RB) seemed to be afraid of him, even though most animals
gravitate to my son. I still feel sad that neither Pickles nor Waffles
will cuddle with me in bed, but I know they won't change, and I accept
that.

I took 5 or 6 years before Boyfie would get on my knee. Now I cannot stop
him. Don't give up hope for bed cats.
Tweed

Often bouncing onto your stomach in the middle of the night, when you
have a full bladder! ;-)
Old July 7th 12, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Christina Websell wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
One can accept a cat as he or she is, but that still doesn't mean it
doesn't
hurt when a cat won't warm up to you. I know my son was hurt because
Nanki-Poo (RB) seemed to be afraid of him, even though most animals
gravitate to my son. I still feel sad that neither Pickles nor Waffles
will cuddle with me in bed, but I know they won't change, and I accept
that.

I took 5 or 6 years before Boyfie would get on my knee. Now I cannot
stop him. Don't give up hope for bed cats.
Tweed

Often bouncing onto your stomach in the middle of the night, when you have
a full bladder! ;-)

I sleep on my side, so that wouldn't be a problem. ;-)

I'm uncomfortable whenever I have to lie on my back, such as when I'm having
a medical test or procedure.

Joy

Old July 9th 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
I hope your brother eventually accepts Tigger as he is. Rhett isn't a lap
cat, neither is Bonnie. You just have to accept them as they are.
Shamrock is one of those arrogant cats. LOL He was a stray for I don't
know how long before the caretaker had to move and she called a rescue
group to come get him because she was afraid no one else would take care
of him and he got dependent upon her but she couldn't take him. She was
just feeding a stray. He's the most social of my cats and no one bothers
or scares him. He has to get in everyone's business who comes into his
house. I just love this boy so much.

I'm sure you do!
Yes, my brother has accepted that he is not Tigger's favourite person, but
as Joy says, it hurts a bit. My brother is very fond of animals, has Tigger
and a Cavalier KS spaniel - Maisie, who adores him. He has a sense of
humour about it - I have heard him say to Tigger when he is ignoring him
"remember when you were 4 months old and you played with a moving car wheel
which broke your jaw and took your eyebrow off? Who paid loads of money for
your operation?" and it was loads of money, Sundays are bit more expensive
here.
It's only a joke, but he would just like Tigger to love him more than he
does. Fat chance of that but I don't know why. Who knows why cats love one
of a family more than the others?

Boyfie doesn't have a choice. It's me or no-one, although he does seem more
than happy to be my cat. I try to give him as good a life as a domestic
cat can have. Opportunity to hunt within big gardens, his bedroom & duvet
to retire to, and hardly any traffic.
If he did get run over - very unlikely, but not impossible (as a black cat
got killed here in front of my house must be couple of years ago now, an
un-neutered boy) I would really not regret letting him out to have a cat's
life although I love him like crazy and I would be devastated if I lost him.
I am not trying to set up an outside/inside debate so please, no-one do it.
I know it is very different in America.

Old July 9th 12, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie doesn't have a choice. It's me or no-one, although he does seem more
than happy to be my cat. I try to give him as good a life as a domestic
cat can have. Opportunity to hunt within big gardens, his bedroom & duvet
to retire to, and hardly any traffic.

If he did get run over - very unlikely, but not impossible (as a black cat
got killed here in front of my house must be couple of years ago now, an
un-neutered boy) I would really not regret letting him out to have a cat's
life although I love him like crazy and I would be devastated if I lost him.
I am not trying to set up an outside/inside debate so please, no-one do it.
I know it is very different in America.

It may be different here, but I felt the same way about Smudge. I could
have kept her inside, and lord knows she wouldn've been safer. She wouldn't
have been attacked by dogs. She wouldn't have gotten stuck in a neighbor's
garage for a week. I wouldn't have come home one night to find her tilting
and shaking her head weirdly, and with some blood around her ear (most
likely from a cat fight). She did have a knack for getting into things and
finding trouble.

But I still don't regret letting her out, even though it resulted in her
choosing to live with a neighbor instead of me. She was a gregarious cat
with humans, and had many human pals up and down the street. I was gone
every day working, and she would have been stuck indoors all day with the
obnoxious boy brat driving her crazy. I decided that a happier life was
worth the risk of being indoor/outdoor. In the end, she died of something
that would have gotten her even if she'd spent 14 miserable years cooped
up inside.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old July 9th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

Shamrock is one of those arrogant cats. LOL He was a stray for I don't
know how long before the caretaker had to move and she called a rescue
group to come get him because she was afraid no one else would take care
of him and he got dependent upon her but she couldn't take him. She was
just feeding a stray. He's the most social of my cats and no one
bothers or scares him. He has to get in everyone's business who comes
into his house. I just love this boy so much.

Every time I think of Shamrock, I remember the pictures you were taking
of other cats, where he just had to insert his head. I always thought that
was one of his charming quirks.

Arrogance is *much* more appealing in a cat than in a human.

--
Joyce

If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker
Old July 9th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I never want to keep my cat cooped up (but is safer here) no alligators,
bears or mountain lions..
If he is out and he sees a fox, he can attack it _bad idea_ or just go up a
tree. He goes up a tree. He can get up a tree in 10 seconds, maybe less.
5 secs :-)

Old July 10th 12, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know that it's particularly different in America. Different people
have different ideas. I fully understand what you're saying, and agree.
I've lost a couple of indoor-outdoor cats, but my preference for myself
would be a short but happy life, rather than a long, miserable one, and I
can't give less to my cats than I would want. I'd let these guys out in a
heartbeat if they had ever been outdoors, or even if I'd had an outdoor cat
to show them the ropes when I got them.

Joy

Old July 18th 12, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/9/2012 4:54 PM, Bastette wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

Shamrock is one of those arrogant cats. LOL He was a stray for I don't
know how long before the caretaker had to move and she called a rescue
group to come get him because she was afraid no one else would take care
of him and he got dependent upon her but she couldn't take him. She was
just feeding a stray. He's the most social of my cats and no one
bothers or scares him. He has to get in everyone's business who comes
into his house. I just love this boy so much.

Every time I think of Shamrock, I remember the pictures you were taking
of other cats, where he just had to insert his head. I always thought that
was one of his charming quirks.

Arrogance is *much* more appealing in a cat than in a human.

"Shamrock's head" shots. I really miss those conversations! So funny
and always made me smile to find his head in a picture and I didn't plan
on it. lol

Old July 18th 12, 09:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Cheryl wrote:

On 7/9/2012 4:54 PM, Bastette wrote:

Every time I think of Shamrock, I remember the pictures you were taking
of other cats, where he just had to insert his head. I always thought that
was one of his charming quirks.

"Shamrock's head" shots. I really miss those conversations! So funny
and always made me smile to find his head in a picture and I didn't plan
on it. lol

Like that squirrel picture, remember that?

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old July 24th 12, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/18/2012 4:17 AM, Bastette wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

On 7/9/2012 4:54 PM, Bastette wrote:

Every time I think of Shamrock, I remember the pictures you were taking
of other cats, where he just had to insert his head. I always thought that
was one of his charming quirks.

"Shamrock's head" shots. I really miss those conversations! So funny
and always made me smile to find his head in a picture and I didn't plan
on it. lol

Like that squirrel picture, remember that?

I don't. Which one was that?