Why....(possible TMI warning)

Old July 17th 12, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

Default Why....(possible TMI warning)

....why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on
the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm
done washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY
cat and no one else's.
Old July 17th 12, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/16/2012 10:08 PM, Phoenix wrote:
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat
and no one else's.

She is doing sentry duty -- MLB
Old July 17th 12, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Phoenix wrote:

...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on
the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm
done washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY
cat and no one else's.

All cats have a mandate to watch their humans in the bathroom. Mine
make a point of it as well. Sometimes Roxy joins me and uses her
litterbox at the same time. Aww, pee-bonding.

By the way, don't worry about TMI. TMI is a way of life on RPCA. Your
story is quite mild compared to some that have been posted here!

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old July 17th 12, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Phoenix" wrote in message
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat and
no one else's.

Waffles often watches me, too, but he's just waiting for me to hurry up and
flush so he can get a drink of fresh water.

I used to have a cat who like to sit on my lap instead of watching.

Joy

Old July 17th 12, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Phoenix wrote:
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat and no one else's.

Because she's a cat, simple as that. It is very common for cats to
supervise humans bathroom activities, maybe they think we can't go on our
own. :-)
--
Adrian
Old July 17th 12, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"Phoenix" wrote in message
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

They like a captive audience.

Old July 17th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

All my cats have accompanied me to the bathroom, though I haven't felt
watched Sootie, not only comes in when I go there but tells me when I
should, usually just before I go to bed. She's usually on the study (the
third bedroom with a grand name because it has a desk and a computer but
really it's a junk room where things get dumped when we can't find
anywhere else to put them.)

My mother used to call those things "fernows", as in, "I'll put it here for
now, and figure out what to do with it later." I recently cleaned out the
room where I kept my fernows. I gave some items to my kids, got rid of a
few more through Freecycle, and gave two boxes full to a veterans
organization. That's not counting the number of things I threw away because
I realized there was really no reason to keep them.

Joy

window ledge looking through the window. She
hears me come upstairs and comes to me then leads me into the bathroom.
Just standing there while she looks around and checks the airing cupboard
door isn't openable, no I have to actually use the toilet before we move
back to the study window.

Sweep (RB) used to play with DH's feet while he sat there, tapping his
feet lightly with her claws and making him dance around.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old July 18th 12, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Phoenix wrote:
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the
toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat and
no one else's.

Because she's a cat, simple as that. It is very common for cats to
supervise humans bathroom activities, maybe they think we can't go on our
own. :-)
--
Adrian

g Boyfie has recently decided after many years of accompanying me to the
bathroom and observing me intently that I *can* actually be trusted to go on
my own now ;-)
KFC never did it so I thought it was a bit weird but got used to it.

Tweed

Old July 18th 12, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 7/17/2012 1:12 PM, Adrian wrote:
wrote:
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat and no one else's.

Because she's a cat, simple as that. It is very common for cats to
supervise humans bathroom activities, maybe they think we can't go on our
own. :-)

My mother's cats have to be in the bathroom with her. They like to watch
the water when the toilet is flushed.

Mom usually takes a shower but about once a week she will soak in the
tub. Her cats have to get on the edge of the tub to see what is going on.

Ann
Old July 18th 12, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
Phoenix wrote:
...why, oh why, does my cat sit in the bathtub and watch me on the
toilet?

It's very disconcerting.

She jumps in as soon as I'm in "the room", and leaves once I'm done
washing my hands. (Yeah, ok, that really WAS "TMI". Sorry.)

Deborah
now trying to see through her. It is so very clear that she is MY cat and
no one else's.

Because she's a cat, simple as that. It is very common for cats to
supervise humans bathroom activities, maybe they think we can't go on our
own. :-)
--
Adrian

Goofy comes running when he hears the toliet seat drop. He does the hamper
claw thing swipes at the paper
and then runs out when the water is flushed.