Where's Tweed?

Old May 25th 16, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Where's Tweed?

"MaryL" wrote in message
On 4/7/2016 2:41 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 4/6/2016 12:45 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 4/6/2016 8:57 AM, Mishi wrote:
On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 9:37:30 AM UTC-4, Jill McQuown

wrote:
She's been very quiet lately. Hope she's okay!

Jill

She is ok - she posted on FB yesterday about Lennie and his mom.

I have also been thinking about her. Please let her know we miss

her
and would like to hear from her. I don't use FB, so I can't post a
message there.

MaryL

Same here. I hope Boyfie is fine, too.

Yes, that's what I'm worried about. Her last post about him had to do
with him not seeming well and she was about to take him to the vet. So,
purrs for both of them.

I did not see that message. Now I'm worried about both of them. I hope
someone will update us if we do not hear from Tweed (but I am hoping for a
personal message from her to the NG).

MaryL

Sorry if you were worried, Boyfie and myself are both well, although he was
not eating well for a few days, he is fine now. I have a new laptop, but
can't get emails and Usenet on it, I can do facebook rpca on it though,
which is where I am now - all the old rspca-ers are on there.
Haven't forgotten you all, never will, and will pop in now and again on this
old XP machine to say hello

Tweed

Old May 25th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the message. I am so glad to hear that you and Boyfie are
doing well.

I am puzzled about why you can do Facebook but not email and Usenet.
Have you checked with your provider? It seems that any computer should
at least be able to handle emails. Are you able to use Google? That is
an awkward route, but that would be one way to contacts us. And how
about News.Individual.Net? I know you liked that service, and perhaps
they could help. At any rate, you are missed.

MaryL

Old May 26th 16, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Agreed. I'm glad to hear she and Boyfie are fine. I wonder what that
computer operating system it is that won't allow her to subscribe to a
news server?

Jill
Old June 20th 16, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

Well, I could have done, but I didn't trust the laptop - which is good as it
got the windows 10 update and then exploded, which is not so good. It's now
in the computer shop, and its not good news. Hard drive is shot. Luckily I
maintained my e-mail and Usenet on here, my old XP desktop. Which cannot do
facebook any more :-( and not much else really. Every time I google it says
"you are using an outdated browser" I can't argue about that, really. And
the reason it is outdated is because..not because it's not fine but because
they want us to buy new versions.

Old June 21st 16, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Jill wrote:

Agreed. I'm glad to hear she and Boyfie are fine. I wonder what that
computer operating system it is that won't allow her to subscribe to a
news server?

Well, I could have done, but I didn't trust the laptop - which is good as it
got the windows 10 update and then exploded, which is not so good. It's now
in the computer shop, and its not good news. Hard drive is shot. Luckily I
maintained my e-mail and Usenet on here, my old XP desktop. Which cannot do
facebook any more :-( and not much else really. Every time I google it says
"you are using an outdated browser" I can't argue about that, really. And
the reason it is outdated is because..not because it's not fine but because
they want us to buy new versions.

Amen. Everyone thinks I'm some kind of Luddite because I own electronic
gadgets that are more than 3 years old. So because I'm not in lockstep
with the mandate that we must all buy new expensive stuff every couple of
years, people think I'm intimidated by new technology? No, I just choose
to keep using something that is perfectly usable.

I will confess to a certain amount of laziness - there ways I prefer to
use my time other than learning a new device every couple of months. If
we're supposed to upgrade each device every 18 months, I figure that with
all the devices we use, there's always something new to be preoccupied with.
No thanks. It's fun to get a new toy, I can't argue with that. I just don't
need new toys constantly!

So don't call me a technophobe. I'm lazy and cheap, that's all. Those
are flaws I can live with.

anything bad to your hard drive? I'm puzzled by that.)

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old June 21st 16, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

Default Windows 10 (WAS: Where's Tweed?

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:49:12 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:
Download "Never 10." That way if/when
you feel like it you can *choose* to upgrade. Me, I use Win7 and it
ain't broke so I'm not going to fix it.

But DON'T forget, the free upgrade to Win10 is ONLY free
until late July.

And it's highly likely that programs will soon become
Win10 or better before they'll install.

Old June 21st 16, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 20:10:59 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

And the reason it is outdated is because..not because it's not fine but because
they want us to buy new versions.

Amen.

Actually, the browser upgrades are usually free.

Old June 21st 16, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
Download "Never 10." That way if/when
you feel like it you can *choose* to upgrade. Me, I use Win7 and it
ain't broke so I'm not going to fix it.

But DON'T forget, the free upgrade to Win10 is ONLY free
until late July.

And it's highly likely that programs will soon become
Win10 or better before they'll install.

That's true, it's not a true free upgrade. They expect to be paid for
it annually, too, don't they? I don't install new programs on this
machine on a regular basis. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Jill

Old June 22nd 16, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/21/2016 3:10 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Jill wrote:

[...]

My desktop computer (used most of the time) is 5 years old, and my
laptop is even older. They work fine, and I am not interested in
learning Windows 10. I also don't want to waste money on a new system
when both of these computers (and Win 7) work fine. I know Win 10 is
"free" and Microsoft keeps trying to foist it on us, but I don't want it.

MaryL

Tweed pat Chlebowski Cat anecdotes 0 June 3rd 13 02:33 AM
Tweed (OT) Lesley[_4_] Cat anecdotes 9 March 10th 13 09:36 PM
Where are you Tweed? Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 1 January 10th 13 12:04 PM
Tweed pat Chlebowski Cat anecdotes 2 June 22nd 12 01:25 AM
For Tweed Karen Cat anecdotes 10 January 6th 09 08:27 PM