A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat anecdotes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The fence is up!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 21st 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,251
Default The fence is up!

I had a fence put in my yard so I can let the cats out. Once the fence
was complete (wood, 6' shadowbox) I had to line the top with chicken
wire to keep the cats from just climibing out It isn't perfect - there
is an Acadia Palm in near the fence and the cats could climb that and
get over the fence, but only the feral, Baby, is likely to have the
knowledge to do that. We'll see. I tried to block it by putting
netting around the trunks but an escape artist could pull it off.

So I got the video camera ready, opened the back door, and only
Scooter came to look. He didn't want to go out.

We'll try again tomorrow.
  #2  
Old November 22nd 17, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7,596
Default The fence is up!

On 11/21/2017 5:11 PM, dgk wrote:
I had a fence put in my yard so I can let the cats out. Once the fence
was complete (wood, 6' shadowbox) I had to line the top with chicken
wire to keep the cats from just climibing out It isn't perfect - there
is an Acadia Palm in near the fence and the cats could climb that and
get over the fence, but only the feral, Baby, is likely to have the
knowledge to do that. We'll see. I tried to block it by putting
netting around the trunks but an escape artist could pull it off.

So I got the video camera ready, opened the back door, and only
Scooter came to look. He didn't want to go out.

We'll try again tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you and your kitties.

Jill
  #3  
Old November 28th 17, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,251
Default The fence is up!

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:52:32 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
On 11/21/2017 5:11 PM, dgk wrote:
I had a fence put in my yard so I can let the cats out. Once the fence
was complete (wood, 6' shadowbox) I had to line the top with chicken
wire to keep the cats from just climibing out It isn't perfect - there
is an Acadia Palm in near the fence and the cats could climb that and
get over the fence, but only the feral, Baby, is likely to have the
knowledge to do that. We'll see. I tried to block it by putting
netting around the trunks but an escape artist could pull it off.

So I got the video camera ready, opened the back door, and only
Scooter came to look. He didn't want to go out.

We'll try again tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you and your kitties.


Jill


They'll love when they try it. Looking forward to that story.

Judith


Nipsy and Scooter have gone out two days in a row. They are a bit
puzzled but clearly enjoy it. I've been letting them out in the
afternoon, but by that time Baby is under the bed and doesn't come out
at all. I think on Thursday I'll stay home in the morning and try to
coax her to come out. I just hope I can coax her back in.
  #4  
Old December 11th 17, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,251
Default The fence is up!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 13:41:25 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:52:32 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:


In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
On 11/21/2017 5:11 PM, dgk wrote:
I had a fence put in my yard so I can let the cats out. Once the fence
was complete (wood, 6' shadowbox) I had to line the top with chicken
wire to keep the cats from just climibing out It isn't perfect - there
is an Acadia Palm in near the fence and the cats could climb that and
get over the fence, but only the feral, Baby, is likely to have the
knowledge to do that. We'll see. I tried to block it by putting
netting around the trunks but an escape artist could pull it off.

So I got the video camera ready, opened the back door, and only
Scooter came to look. He didn't want to go out.

We'll try again tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear how it works out for you and your kitties.

Jill

They'll love when they try it. Looking forward to that story.

Judith


Nipsy and Scooter have gone out two days in a row. They are a bit
puzzled but clearly enjoy it. I've been letting them out in the
afternoon, but by that time Baby is under the bed and doesn't come out
at all. I think on Thursday I'll stay home in the morning and try to
coax her to come out. I just hope I can coax her back in.


I'm glad Nipsy and Scooter are enjoying the outside. How is it going with
Baby?

Judith


Baby hasn't made it outside yet. She generallly sleeps all day under
the bed and the afternoon is the only time I'm home to let them out.
I'm going to have to find a time when she's out from the bed and
somehow pick her up and bring her to the outside door. That's a lot
easier said than done.

  #5  
Old December 15th 17, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Judith Latham
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,130
Default The fence is up!

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on December 29, 2017.

In article , dgk
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 13:41:25 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:




I'm glad Nipsy and Scooter are enjoying the outside. How is it going
with Baby?

Judith


Baby hasn't made it outside yet. She generallly sleeps all day under the
bed and the afternoon is the only time I'm home to let them out. I'm
going to have to find a time when she's out from the bed and somehow
pick her up and bring her to the outside door. That's a lot easier said
than done.


I'm sure she'll cotton on soon and enjoy it as the others do.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a quote for a fence dgk Cat anecdotes 9 August 26th 17 02:54 PM
A Cat Fence Idea Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 May 31st 08 12:52 AM
Invisible fence fouled... hanson Cat health & behaviour 11 April 30th 05 05:51 AM
For Cat fence in people Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 4 March 21st 04 04:22 AM
Has anyone tried a cat fence? dgk Cat health & behaviour 5 July 24th 03 12:39 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.