Quick quiz: How good are you at reading your cat’s facial expressions?

Old December 15th 19, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tigger[_2_]

Default Quick quiz: How good are you at reading your cat’s facial expressions?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...al-expressions

There were eight pictures, I got seven right, one in the middle I
accidently clicked on next-picture without selecting a guess. oops
Old December 16th 19, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/15/2019 4:23 PM, Tigger wrote:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...al-expressions

There were eight pictures, I got seven right, one in the middle I
accidently clicked on next-picture without selecting a guess. oops

Well that was fun. Unfortunately the clips are so short you can't
really tell what the cat is looking at or doing so it's hardly a fair
assessment.

Jill
Old December 18th 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

jmcquown wrote:

On 12/15/2019 4:23 PM, Tigger wrote:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...ou-reading-you
r-cat-s-facial-expressions There were eight pictures, I got
seven right, one in the middle I accidently clicked on
next-picture without selecting a guess. oops

Well that was fun. Unfortunately the clips are so short you can't
really tell what the cat is looking at or doing so it's hardly a fair
assessment.

Jill

Yup, it's too close to the cats face to see the rest. One they call
negative because the cat is avoiding eye cotact but with out the
ability to see the owner is in front of them, looks more like it's
facenated with a toy that it is watching.

Old December 18th 19, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/17/2019 7:19 PM, cshenk wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 12/15/2019 4:23 PM, Tigger wrote:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...ou-reading-you
r-cat-s-facial-expressions There were eight pictures, I got
seven right, one in the middle I accidently clicked on
next-picture without selecting a guess. oops

Well that was fun. Unfortunately the clips are so short you can't
really tell what the cat is looking at or doing so it's hardly a fair
assessment.

Jill

Yup, it's too close to the cats face to see the rest. One they call
negative because the cat is avoiding eye cotact but with out the
ability to see the owner is in front of them, looks more like it's
facenated with a toy that it is watching.

Exactly. Too short and too close. I can't see what/who the cats are
reacting to. Then again, I don't know those cats. (I do realize the
quiz was all in fun.)

I don't claim to always know what Buffy is thinking. I sure can tell if
she is startled. I can definitely tell when she's content, comfy and
happy.

Jill