Report on Abelard + a purr request for me

Old August 15th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Report on Abelard + a purr request for me

"hopitus" wrote
| An alternative for your more complex dental dilemma - if you haven't
| already thought of it - is the nearest *large-city* dental school

At current gas prices, the cost of travel to and from the nearest such place
(at least 250 miles each way) puts this option out of reach (unless it's
much cheaper than the low-income clinic). That's if I could trust my vehicle
enough to go that far in the first place, which at this point I cannot. But
thanks for the thought.

Old August 18th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Pat wrote:
Abelard is definitely recovering and still gaining weight.

An hour or so ago I put out two cans of gooshy food for the clowder. That's
usually enough for all but Abelard, who doesn't get to eat as much as the
others when they all eat together because he politely backs off from any
challenge to his spot on the plate. So Aby gets a can to himself in the
bathroom, and after half an hour, I open the door and let whoever has been
waiting to finish off the leftovers go in and clean Aby's plate if it still
has food on it.

Well, today for the first time since before he got sick, Abelard let me know
in no uncertain terms that he was ready for his private portion by digging
around in a not-yet-unloaded shopping bag, obviously looking for another can
of food (which I promptly opened and dished out). As I carried him into the
bathroom I noticed how much heavier he feels. I bet he's up to around 8 lbs.
now!

snip
Today I found out that the other clinic isn't accepting any new adult
patients. I am left with serious dental problems and no affordable way to
resolve them.

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old August 18th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

"polonca12000"
Pat wrote:
[...]

That is great news Pat

snip
Today I found out that the other clinic isn't accepting any new adult
patients. I am left with serious dental problems and no affordable way to
resolve them.

Lots of healing purrs coming from our house too
Kyla and Clowder

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

New Purr Request jmcquown Cat anecdotes 26 January 31st 08 10:19 PM
OT : Purr request lal Cat anecdotes 5 June 1st 05 11:54 PM
purr request John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 12 May 8th 05 03:58 AM
Purr request for Sam Karen Cat anecdotes 60 September 17th 04 11:49 PM