GW: Purrs for a doggie that tangled w/porcupine

Old August 3rd 05, 10:20 PM
Gabey8

Default GW: Purrs for a doggie that tangled w/porcupine

There's a distressing-looking photo making the rounds in emails. You might
end up with a copy of it, as I did... you know how it goes, when people
forward it to everyone they know, and THEY forward it, and so on. Well,
one got forwarded to me yesterday.

If you look up on snopes.com, the urban legend site, whether the "pit bull
vs. porcupine" photo is real, it says "Yes".

I hasten to add that the dog survived and is recovering, but she had
literally thousands of quills in her. Some of them, as per the snopes
article, are still working their way out. I actually went to snopes.com
hoping to find out that the picture had been photoshopped, because I
couldn't believe that any creature could have that many quills in its
head, face, and front half of her body and still be standing. The poor
dog's head literally looks like a pincushion. (

The photo was from May 2005, so I presume that the dog is still in the
process of recovering from a whole lot of veterinary care. Poor thing.
Please send some purrs that she keeps on recovering.

The following article includes the photos I got, which are not for the
squeamish: http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

Inca is her name, and may she never pay attention to another porcupine
again as long as she lives.

Donna, glad that Captain and Stanley will never see a porcupine or know
what one is

Old August 3rd 05, 10:22 PM
CatNipped

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

Yeah, someone had sent that one to me. All I can say is - *OUCH*!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 05, 03:19 AM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:20:27 -0400, "Gabey8"
yodeled:

[...]

Absoutely one of the worst things that can happen to a dog. Purrs for
the poor little girl.

Theresa
Old August 4th 05, 03:25 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-08-03, CatNipped penned:
"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...

The photo was from May 2005, so I presume that the dog is still in
the process of recovering from a whole lot of veterinary care. Poor
thing. Please send some purrs that she keeps on recovering.

The following article includes the photos I got, which are not for
the squeamish:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/porcupinedog.asp

Inca is her name, and may she never pay attention to another
porcupine again as long as she lives.

Donna, glad that Captain and Stanley will never see a porcupine or
know what one is

Yeah, someone had sent that one to me. All I can say is - *OUCH*!

Just saw this -- youch!

But on the second page of the message board to which snopes links, it
turns out that the dog is doing well now. Not under vet care. They
took out most of the quills right away and that sounds like all the vet
care that was needed. I wonder how her eyes fared, but I imagine the
owner would have said something if she'd been blinded, so I guess
she's okay.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 4th 05, 10:50 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the poor d*ggie,
--
Polonca & Soncek

lkaboutpets.com...

Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
OT puppies update, spare purrs? Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 111 September 21st 04 05:22 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM