Annie went a-visiting to a nursing home m(OT D*oggie stuff)

Old April 20th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default Annie went a-visiting to a nursing home m(OT D*oggie stuff)

This was not an “official” visit, and it was one in Bedford (DMIL is
staying there) that is apparently very lax about visitors….

She did very well, was not shy about wheel chairs or walkers, was not
jumpy at all, but did put her paws on one gentleman in a wheelchair (he
was younger, but had been in a car wreck and suffered severe brain
trauma – couldn’t walk or talk hardly at all, but he understood
everything everyone was saying), we were calling him “Annie’s
boyfriend.” She surprised me at how well behaved she was!

When a crowd gathered, she started getting a bit anxious, so I took her
outside….. she calmed down a bit, but not much since Jeff was still
inside w/ his mom!

This gives me hope for her eventually becoming a member of VIPaws (local
therapy dogs program)! I just worry about how she acts around other
animals… She just gets soooooooooooooooo excited and squirmy.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old April 20th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:

This gives me hope for her eventually becoming a member of VIPaws (local
therapy dogs program)! I just worry about how she acts around other
animals… She just gets soooooooooooooooo excited and squirmy.

But this is a good start. Calming purrs for Annie.

Old April 22nd 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" This was not an “official” visit, and it was one in
Bedford (DMIL is
staying there) that is apparently very lax about visitors….

She did very well, was not shy about wheel chairs or walkers, was not
jumpy at all, but did put her paws on one gentleman in a wheelchair (he
was younger, but had been in a car wreck and suffered severe brain
trauma – couldn’t walk or talk hardly at all, but he understood everything
everyone was saying), we were calling him “Annie’s boyfriend.” She
surprised me at how well behaved she was!

When a crowd gathered, she started getting a bit anxious, so I took her
outside….. she calmed down a bit, but not much since Jeff was still inside
w/ his mom!

This gives me hope for her eventually becoming a member of VIPaws (local
therapy dogs program)! I just worry about how she acts around other
animals… She just gets soooooooooooooooo excited and squirmy.

Awwww, what a sweetheart.
Hug
Kyla
Mosey http://i26.tinypic.com/x440lt.jpg

Old April 23rd 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
[...]

That's wonderful to hear!
Best wishes,