KFC update 2

Old April 23rd 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default KFC update 2

You've done the right thing for her, even though it hurts.

Old April 23rd 08, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

She will not allow me to feed her via a syringe and no smelly food can get
through the gunk in her nose so this afternoon I decided to admit her to
hospital.
She is simply too frail to not eat since Saturday and I'm not prepared to
risk her life with trying things she isn't up to.
I know she will hate being there, but she'll get fluids and I've said she
can't come home unless she eats. Which she did until she got this
infection. Alison says that CRF cats with quite bad kidney function can
often go along quite well until some sort of infection sets in and that tips
them over into life threatening.
Which has happened for KFC.

I'm not sure if I will bring her home, but if I don't I know I've done the
best for her. She was beyond my capabilities. There's a point when you
know you cannot do it and that point was today and that's why she's in
hospital.

And I wept to leave her there.

And I don't blame you. But I'm glad you brought her in. It sounds like
she needs more help then you're able to give her right now.

Purrs for her to come home with an appetite!
--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 23rd 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
snip
I'm not sure if I will bring her home, but if I don't I know I've
done the best for her. She was beyond my capabilities. There's a
point when you know you cannot do it and that point was today and
that's why she's in hospital.

And I wept to leave her there.

Tweed

I understand perfectly why you wept. Purrs for KFC to eat and come home and
enjoy at least one last summer.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 23rd 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:

I know she will hate being there, but she'll get fluids and I've said she
can't come home unless she eats.

Purrs being sent for KFC and fingers being crossed and prayers uttered from
me

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 23rd 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Oh Christina. Words fail me. Purrs for the best outcome for you both.

Jill
Old April 23rd 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Tweed}}}}}}}}}}

I know how hard that must have been for you. I wish there was something I
could do or say to help, but all I can do is offer my prayers and my
clowder's purrs.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 23rd 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 22, 5:14*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
She will not allow me to feed her via a syringe and no smelly food can get
through the gunk in her nose so this afternoon I decided to admit her to
hospital.

Snipped

And I wept to leave her there.

Tweed

And we weep with you. Still, the vets may accomplish what you could
not; you've given her the best chance she could have. She a fighter, I
would not count her out just yet.

--
Will in New Haven
"Ripple in still water,
Old April 23rd 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

I am sure you have done the right thing. Loud Siamese purrs for you

and KFC.

John, Rhia and Amy.
Old April 23rd 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Apr 22, 4:14 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Prayers for KFC, and for you. I know how upset you are, and it just
breaks my heart that she is ill.

I have to phone at 10 tomorrow to see how she is. I should have taken her
sneezes far more seriously.
I'm trying not to beat myself up at not getting her in to TED much
earlier.
KFC is dangerously ill.

You know perfectly well how good cats can be at hiding a problem from us.
And Grande old dames like KFC are especially accomplished.

For them, it is a survival skill. One that doesn't serve them or us
particularly well.

Remind yourself what you would tell anyone else in the same circumstances
and then give Boyfie a hug.

KFC is getting purrs and prayers from the whole worldwide collection of us.

Jo

Old April 23rd 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I'm not sure if I will bring her home, but if I don't I know I've done the
best for her. She was beyond my capabilities. There's a point when you
know you cannot do it and that point was today and that's why she's in
hospital.

And I wept to leave her there.

We all understand. It is hard to release the fate of a loved one into
someone else's hands, though that is what we all have to do eventually.
Please know that you have always done what is best for your feisty little
owner. You have let her live her life on her terms and have prolonged it as
a result. What more could any cat ask for? Thank you for taking care of
her and for caring about both her and Boyfie.

We love you,

Pam S