The PurrMeister

Old April 23rd 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default The PurrMeister

Practically from the first moment I picked him up, Dante has been purring
almost continuously. Almost every time I've laid a hand on him for the
two-and-a-half years he's lived here, the little booger has been purring.
He purrs no matter where he is or what he's doing. Even when he's walking
around the house yelling "NYOW-WOW!" when I touch him, he instantly purrs.
If I could account for the times when I wasn't around, he could be a
candidate for the Guinness book of world records.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 23rd 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

Practically from the first moment I picked him up, Dante has been purring
almost continuously. Almost every time I've laid a hand on him for the
two-and-a-half years he's lived here, the little booger has been purring.
He purrs no matter where he is or what he's doing. Even when he's walking
around the house yelling "NYOW-WOW!" when I touch him, he instantly purrs.
If I could account for the times when I wasn't around, he could be a
candidate for the Guinness book of world records.

That's really cute. Smudge is very similar. If I touch her for a second,
she purrs. If I look at her and say, "Good girl," she purrs.

Unfortunately, her purr is so quiet that I have to lean in close to
be sure. It's just a little whisper of a purr, but it is constant.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 24th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Practically from the first moment I picked him up, Dante has been purring
almost continuously. Almost every time I've laid a hand on him for the
two-and-a-half years he's lived here, the little booger has been purring.
He purrs no matter where he is or what he's doing. Even when he's walking
around the house yelling "NYOW-WOW!" when I touch him, he instantly
purrs. If I could account for the times when I wasn't around, he could be
a candidate for the Guinness book of world records.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Awwww, sweet boy! That's how my Ozzy is - as soon as any part of me touches
any part of him he turns his motor on.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

DP remains shocked that his kittens will purr when he so much as /
looks/ in their direction.

I was sitting on the couch once oblivious to the fact that Kumani had
come to rest on the top of the couch cushions until I heard the "ur-r-
r-r-r" of a purring cat...

We like "Surround sound" When the kittens are on the bed and you put
your head between them and hear purrs coming from both sides.

Smokey's purr, on the other hand, sounds like a rude phone call, and
Nocturne's dark purrs are easier felt than heard.

--Fil

Old April 24th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Enfilade" wrote in message

DP remains shocked that his kittens will purr when he so much as /
looks/ in their direction.

I was sitting on the couch once oblivious to the fact that Kumani had
come to rest on the top of the couch cushions until I heard the "ur-r-
r-r-r" of a purring cat...

I read something recently that said kittens have a louder purr than adult
cats because that's how they get their mother's attention. Obviously Kumani
knows that trick! ;

We like "Surround sound" When the kittens are on the bed and you put
your head between them and hear purrs coming from both sides.

Smokey's purr, on the other hand, sounds like a rude phone call, and
Nocturne's dark purrs are easier felt than heard.

LOL! Put him on the line the next time you get a telemarketer!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--Fil