Random cleaning attacks

Old April 24th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Random cleaning attacks

"Mischief" wrote in message
I know cats like to keep their coat in PRISTINE condition, but it just
totally kills me when Mischief will be in the middle of stalking
something......and then suddenly has to stop to clean her tail.

Right now she is lounging on the bed giving herself a very thorough
bath, and Mayhem is perched on the dresser doing the same thing.

But earlier, there was a minor standoff on the bed. One of those
warning growls, "Mom, she's LOOKING at me!" I thought they were going
to start swatting......When suddenly Mayhem turned and had to wash her
tummy. Then Mischief had to wash this one spot on her leg and now
it's a bath fest.

It makes me wonder......do they suddenly feel dirty? When a hoomin
gets their hands dirty, they wash them. But they get dirty in the
first place during some type of activity.

So how does a cat who is streeeeetched on the bed, suddenly feel dirty
enough to wash herself?

Does she examine her coat and suddenly realize that there are a few
hairs that are out of sync and have to be licked back into their
proper place?

Do they feel a toe feels dirty and after washing it, think to
themselves......"Well, I'm here, might as well wash the whole leg...."

Do they have an agenda?

"It's 3 a.m. time to wash the left hind paw, third toe within an inch
of its life! I'll wash the other rear paw after i wake the hoomin for
breakfast in two hours... Then after my morning nap I'll work on the
right side of my tummy....."

They could be running around after a greebling and then suddenly STOP
to lick at a spot..... Random cleaning attack. The world must stop,
(well it revolves around her anyway) and wait until this ONE spot is
clean.

Sillies......

Kristi

I read about a study done that says a cat will, over the course of 24 hours,
clean every square centimeter of him/herself - how do they remember where
they left off?? ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Random cleaning attacks Stormmee Cat anecdotes 1 April 25th 08 06:31 PM
Random cleaning attacks Ted Davis[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 April 25th 08 04:27 AM
Totally Random Krista Cat anecdotes 6 March 14th 06 10:16 PM
Random Attacks from the cat Vahehoo Cat health & behaviour 6 February 28th 06 08:07 PM
Problems with random attacks by our cat 'Jingles' Charles Puckle Cat health & behaviour 14 February 7th 04 06:14 PM