Update on Basho

Old March 19th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Update on Basho

Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they
were yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more
likely) how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope
that Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 19th 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they were
yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more likely)
how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope that
Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

Puurs continuing. The sub-Q is scary at first, but surprisingly easy. You
know you have to do it for your kitty, so you just do it. Stinky never got
to love it, but he tolerated it, and let me do it daily, without taking my
face off. Purrs for all of you.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 19th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they
were yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with
his progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets
some sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me
more likely) how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we
need to hope that Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our
little guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Purrs continue for Basho and his family.

Jo

Old March 19th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they were
yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more likely)
how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope that
Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

More encouragement for Basho and you I hope: I was told that cats don't
generally care for the kidney canned food. Aggie Marble is eating it as
fast as I put it down for her. It's Hill's Prescription Diet k/d with
chicken. Victor two of her values were above normal and she is doing
wonderfully now. I hope that for Basho and you also.
Charleen.
--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 19th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

The purrs continue. I hope Basho will cooperate with the sub-Q at home.
Some cats do. I didn't have any trouble giving it to Skeeter (RB) by
myself. OTOH, it was all my daughter and her husband could do to give the
fluid to Acey (RB).

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old March 19th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they were
yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more likely)
how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope that
Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs for Basho lovingly sent from out home for him to get
well ASAP. Poor kitty...how old is Basho again?
Love
Kyla

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 19th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 19, 3:52*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they
were yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more
likely) how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope
that Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Purrs from all of us to all of you. People seem to get good results
with the sub-Q.

--
Will in New Haven
Old March 20th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they
were yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more
likely) how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope
that Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

Ok, I can breathe a bit easier now. I was really worried for y'all.
Sub-Q fluids are very do-able at home and can have quite good results.
You and Basho will get the hang of it very quickly. One medicine you
might ask about is Benazipril (sp?). It's a blood pressure medicine
that is being used in CRF with good results. Also, we discovered that a
potassium supplement was helpful. We think Tigers seizures were caused
by a lack of potassium.

Of course we'll continue sending purrs southward. Keep us posted....

--Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew
Old March 20th 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Mar 19, 3:52�pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Spoke with Dr. Boggs today. Basho's kidney values are less than they
were yesterday, but still above normal. Overall she's pleased with his
progress. He's been on IV fluids yesterday and today and he gets some
sub-Q fluids before heading home. She's going to teach us (me more
likely) how to do the sub-Q at home for the weekend. Now we need to hope
that Basho will eat the renal diet...
Thank you everybody for your purrs, please keep them coming. Our little
guy is not out of the woods yet.

Thanks.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Spiceypurrs heading South West for Basho.

Suz&Spicey