Poor Francis: Poor Me

Old July 26th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Default Poor Francis: Poor Me

Poor Francis. He has turned into a man-eater. Specifically he's a
meowmie-eater.

Poor cat. I've just had him to the vet on an emergency visit. Francis has
been fine, but noticed this afternoon, he was walking with his tail *down*
and he would not let anyone near his tail to investigate. Looked like a
broken tail. I rang the vet, described Francis's symptoms. Vet agreed either
a possible broken tail or an abscess.

So I bundled one upset and sore cat into a carrier & took him off to the
vet. Francis cried on the trip there, poor boy. The vet was Mr Kennedy, who
is a very good, caring vet. In the exam room, I held the end of Francis with
the teeth, Mr Kennedy examined to sore end.

To be fair to Francis, and to Mr Kennedy - Mr K was trying to be as gentle
as he could be but unfortunately Francis did not appreciate this *at all*
Francis gave due warning: several times, long and loud. Hissing, spitting,
growling, it all came long & loud. Alas, when he'd had enough, it was my
hand he chewed down on. And boy, can Francis chew down hard. So I have
several deep bite marks in my right hand. These have been washed thoroughly
and had much alcohol on and in them, so I'm hoping there's nothing nasty
going to fester. My hand is a tad swollen though.

Francis now has a tail with a large bald patch on it and has had an
injection of long-lasting antibiotic and painkiller.

He's looking a bit perkier already.

Old July 26th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

wafflycat wrote:
down hard. So I have several deep bite marks in my right hand. These
have been washed thoroughly and had much alcohol on and in them, so I'm

I hope you had some alcohol for yourself as well!

Francis now has a tail with a large bald patch on it and has had an
injection of long-lasting antibiotic and painkiller.

Purrs for the abscess to heal soon.

Cheers.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
down hard. So I have several deep bite marks in my right hand. These have
been washed thoroughly and had much alcohol on and in them, so I'm

I hope you had some alcohol for yourself as well!

Heh... not of this kind, this was neat meths poured over the bites!

Francis now has a tail with a large bald patch on it and has had an
injection of long-lasting antibiotic and painkiller.

Purrs for the abscess to heal soon.

Francis says thanks :-)

Cheers.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Ouch! I'm glad Francis is doing better, but cat bites can be very nasty.
Please be sure to watch carefully for any signs of infection. My advice
(not asked for) would be to call your doctor even if the hand seems alright.
Doctors in this area often recommend a tetanus injection/booster if it is
not already up-to-date.

MaryL

Old July 26th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Francis and your hand.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 26th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

He would. He's the one that got the antibiotic and the painkiller.

I'd be wanting an antibiotic of my own about now. Especially since
you know that he had an abscess he was likely licking before he bit
you.

Once the masters are cared for, us slaves need to be cared for as
well.

Jo

Old July 26th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way for both of you.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old July 26th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

. ..

Ouch! I'm glad Francis is doing better, but cat bites can be very nasty.
Please be sure to watch carefully for any signs of infection. My advice
(not asked for) would be to call your doctor even if the hand seems
alright. Doctors in this area often recommend a tetanus injection/booster
if it is not already up-to-date.

MaryL

Monday morning I'll be calling my doc & seeing about a tetanus booster jab,
it needs doing anyhow.

Old July 26th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

Poor both of you. I hope you won't be the next one with an abscess.

Nanny

"wafflycat" schreef in bericht

Old July 26th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Poor Francis. I'm sure I don't have to tell you he was probably in pain and
scared. Poor Francis's Mum! Purrs for everyone to heal up quickly.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

funny pictu that poor poor kitty Nadia N. Cat anecdotes 11 June 1st 08 06:17 AM
Poor Imp Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 February 12th 08 09:48 PM
Poor Dan ... Mary Cat health & behaviour 6 July 11th 05 04:45 PM
Poor, poor Buster Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 17 September 11th 04 11:33 PM
Poor Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 4 December 1st 03 03:01 AM