Muzzling cats' noses

Old August 3rd 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Muzzling cats' noses

Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?
Old August 3rd 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Bobcat wrote:
Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?

When Sir Weebs was a tiny one (1 - 2 days old) I had to bottle feed him,
and he was sooooooo anxious and squirmy to get to the bottle, I couldn't
get it in his mouth, so I had to hold his head still the way you
describe. Until he learned to "find" it on his own.

To this day, when he wants food in his dish, he comes up and nudges a
hand with his head...

He'll be 5 later this month.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 4th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?

My boys like this too. Srinky especially likes having his nose rubbed.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle
with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?

Our like that and also like it if you cup your hand so they can bury
their whole face in it. Kind of like they are trying to get their
whole face scritched all at once.
Jo

Old August 4th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?

My boys like this too. Srinky especially likes having his nose rubbed.

Just remembered, with good reason, that when Stinky is annoyed or stressed,
like when he goes to TED or when I give him his fluids, he comforts himself
by pushing his face into the crook of my elbow, or into my armpit. \

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Lately, Martha our adorable tortie encourages me to make a circle with
my thumb and forefinger, then she shoves her little muzzle into it.
Idon't think this is especially odd because most cats like to have
their heads and faces mauled. Does your cat like the muzzle muzzling
treatment?

My boys like this too. Srinky especially likes having his nose rubbed.

Just remembered, with good reason, that when Stinky is annoyed or stressed,
like when he goes to TED or when I give him his fluids, he comforts himself
by pushing his face into the crook of my elbow, or into my armpit. \

Almost all of mine do that - at least the ones that aren't wanting to
explore the exam room so much that the keep jumping off the exam table
*during* the exam and having to be picked back up for the next "step".

Big fuzzy yo-yo's I call them when they start doing that.
up-down-up-down-up-down.....

Old August 4th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
[...]

Ohhh yes. Tiny Mimi (RB) was yes, tiny, and very slippery, and would squirt
out of the vets hands and be all over the exam room. He would chase her
around, muttering "It's *always* the little ones!!!"

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 4th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Kreisleriana" wrote in
m:

Just remembered, with good reason, that when Stinky is annoyed or
stressed, like when he goes to TED or when I give him his fluids, he
comforts himself by pushing his face into the crook of my elbow, or
into my armpit. \

Frankie loves the armpit and I am _very_ ticklish!

Andy
Old August 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Aug 4, 1:56*pm, outsider wrote:
Frankie loves the armpit and I am _very_ ticklish!
Andy

I'm ticklish too. When I shower Emily insists in being in the bathroom
with me, sprawled on the sink. Afterwards, when I'm towelling off she
jumps down and helps me dry off by licking my ankles. She enjoys
hearing me laugh because her raspy little tongue tickles me.

Old August 4th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JB

In ,
outsider shouted to everyone in earshot,

Frankie loves the armpit and I am _very_ ticklish!

heh, I hear that. I'm actually not all that ticklish, but it's still
hard to not "jump" when I'm lying down and Jimmer comes up to jam his
nose into my pit, even if I'm wearing a shirt or two *and* I see him
coming.

Jeff