One down - three to go... (long)

Old August 23rd 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default One down - three to go... (long)

On 22 Aug., 21:11, "Exocat" wrote:
"Bettina" wrote

I`d like to ask for some purrs please.
First for a freshly spayed semi-feral cat and second for my
right hand, which has got a deep bite. ouch

Big purrs for your praiseworthy mission to succeed and for your injuries to
heal quickly and not get any more numerous (poor chance on that score but
here's hoping)

Gordon & the FF

Thanks a lot. Please explainthe expression "and not get any more
numerous "
to a germanwho didn`t really understand but guessed.

Old August 23rd 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 22 Aug., 21:27, "Joy" wrote:
Purrs for the cats, and for you. You are the best!

Thank you so much. I think everyone here (except the trolls) is
doing their best.

Old August 23rd 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 23 Aug., 00:27, "jofirey" wrote:
Maybe its time to invest in some decent leather gloves.

Jo"Bettina" wrote in message

ps.com...

One down - three to go... (long)

I`d like to ask for some purrs please.
First for a freshly spayed semi-feral cat and second for my
right hand, which has got a deep bite. ouch
Story is, that I am in the process of getting four female cats
neutered.
They are my neighbours cats, she is 76 and not in the shape to do it
herself. Up to now she used to kill the newborn kittens after birth,
as it was usual in old farmer families since ever. As she`s got 4
females and 5 males you can imagine that this summed up every year to
a lot of killings. I don`t understand, how someone who loves his cats
dearly can be so stubborn and cruel.
I worked on her for years, gently, to get her permission to get the
cats neutered. It wouldn`t cost her anything as I am in contact to an
animal rescue society which will take over the costs.
Finally, some weeks ago, she had to spend a week in hospital, one of
her cats got her kittens during this time - so now we have three
little ones more in the area. Which is fine, but too much as the
territory just grows too narrow for the well-being of all cats here.
So, in the end I got her permission to get the cats spayed and
neutered. Juhuu.

OK - this morning my neighbour was able to get hold of one of the
girls. The most feral one. I drove with her to the vet and she was
astonishingly totally qiet during the whole drive. Which kept me in
too much safety. At cautiously opening the basket at the vets office
Murkel, the cat popped out like a cork out of a bottle of champagne.
She then was all over the office and various things shattered.
So we experienced the worst case szenario - a real fighter on the run.
A normal cat usually takes a look out of the basket before deciding
how to proceed. Not a real fighter. Once trapped, if the trap opens a
bit, a fighter will get out with all his might and find a safe place
to then think about how to proceed. Stupid me.
Should have thought about that before.

Anyway - Murkel, the vet and I were high on adrenaline.
Murkel on the run, we, chasing her with towels.
When I got her wrapped she bit me deep into my right hand down to the
bone, and even though I didn`t want to let her go my instincts took
over and my grasp opened against my will. Sh**t.
So we chased again. The vet got her wrapped and let immediately go
when he was bitten. g
Then I catched her again. Had a tight grip then, holding her between
the window pane and me and the vet managed to inject the anesthesia.
Puhh. 10 min. relaxation for everyone.

Then everything went smoothly. I watched for the first time directly
an operation. Are proud of myself. Didn`t faint. Didn`t throw up.
But what a sight.

Murkel is now safely home again. The vet gave her an anesthesia good
for a 10 kg tiger, and she is maybe 1 1/2kg. But nevertheless - on
arriving home (5 min. drive) she tried to escape the living room where
she is supposed to slowly awake. A real fighter!

Enough adventure for today. I am going to my doctor to get a tetanus
injection. Just for safety reasons. I am typing this with one hand.

One down - three more to go...g- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

You are so damned right. It was only that I trusted too much.
And forgot it was not my cat I was bringing in.

Next time I`ll try to give the cat a sedative beforehand, use gloves,
and am thinking about a net to put i front of the basket while
opening.
One learns.g

Old August 23rd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

[[Next time I`ll try to give the cat a sedative beforehand, use gloves, and
am thinking about a net to put i front of the basket while opening.
One learns.g]]

The net idea is a great one!

Purrs for your hand to recover quickly and for the rest of the
trap/neuter/release work to go smoothly.

Make sure you keep in touch with the doctor while your hand heals. Cat
bites are no joke, especially not if they become infected. Your doctor
might give you some antibiotics to take, along with the tetanus shot.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old August 23rd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Bettina wrote:
One down - three to go... (long)

[...]

OMG! What an event! Purrs that you heal quickly and get the others.
You have my sympathies.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 23rd 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bettina wrote:

Enough adventure for today. I am going to my doctor to get a tetanus
injection. Just for safety reasons. I am typing this with one hand.

One down - three more to go...g

What an adventure! Many purrs on the way for your hand, and for the
trapping of the other three.

Old August 23rd 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda[_3_]

Wow, that was exciting! I hate that feeling of realizing you have a
scared, crazed cat that feels trapped.

Hope your hand heals quickly. Did they (or you) clean it as deeply as
possible? I always run for the peroxide after the few cat bites that
have been bestowed on me.

Good luck with the rest. They should be easier.

Rhonda

One down - three to go... (long)

Old August 23rd 07, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Bettina" wrote

Thanks a lot. Please explainthe expression "and not get any more
numerous " to a german who didn`t really understand but guessed.

I'm sure you guessed it right: I was just hoping that the number of your
injuries didn't increase (so stayed at just the one)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old August 23rd 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:14:56 -0700, Bettina wrote:

On 22 Aug., 21:11, "Exocat" wrote:
"Bettina" wrote

I`d like to ask for some purrs please. First for a freshly spayed
semi-feral cat and second for my right hand, which has got a deep
bite. ouch

Big purrs for your praiseworthy mission to succeed and for your injuries
to heal quickly and not get any more numerous (poor chance on that score
but here's hoping)

Gordon & the FF

News==----http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total
Privacy via Encryption =----

Thanks a lot. Please explainthe expression "and not get any more numerous
"
to a germanwho didn`t really understand but guessed.

Just read the sentence as "not get any more wounds" MLB

Old August 24th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

The net idea is a great one!

Purrs for your hand to recover quickly and for the rest of the
trap/neuter/release work to go smoothly.

Make sure you keep in touch with the doctor while your hand heals. Cat
bites are no joke, especially not if they become infected. Your doctor
might give you some antibiotics to take, along with the tetanus shot.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Thanks for the purrs.
My hand is healing ok - still swollen, but the bite has closed nicely.
Cooling, as someone suggested helped a lot for the better.