[OT] I'm losing my website :-(

Old November 12th 05, 07:04 PM

Default [OT] I'm losing my website :-(

Most of you know I have a business website up, that has been in the
same location since August 1998 or so. A dear man who goes by Spirit
(a friend of a friend) has been kind enough to allow me space on his
site without even charging me anything.

Unfortunately, he can no longer support myself and the other few
people on his site. He won't accept money from us to help out,
either. I couldn't help much, but I could probably do $25 - $50 a
year. I have made very little money from the site, but gotten a lot
of very nice feedback, and I consider it a mostly educational site,
although I do occasionally get business from it. Having to move
elsewhere, change the URL, re-submit to search engines -- ack! What a
nightmare!

Anyway, he says he is still working on trying to find another web
hosting service that is reasonably inexpensive, but that after
December, it is likely it will all be shut down.

Does anyone here (I know there are some of you really smart computer
people out there!) know of a reasonably inexpensive hosting service
that he and/or I could move to? Any suggestions are gratefully
welcomed.

Thanks!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 12th 05, 07:15 PM
Helen Miles

"glsummer" wrote in message

Most of you know I have a business website up, that has been in the
same location since August 1998 or so. A dear man who goes by Spirit
(a friend of a friend) has been kind enough to allow me space on his
site without even charging me anything.////

Ginger - can you email me off list?

hm - at - darktigerproductions.com

Helen M

Old November 12th 05, 07:47 PM
Pat

wrote

Does anyone here (I know there are some of you really smart computer
people out there!) know of a reasonably inexpensive hosting service
that he and/or I could move to? Any suggestions are gratefully
welcomed.

addr.com is free for the first year, but unless you remind them that you
have a site on their server, they'll leave it up and never bill you. Well,
at least thet's what happened to one site I put with them. It's been there
since May '04 and I've never paid them a cent.

Old November 12th 05, 10:39 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
[...]

I use EasyCGI for my own domain and for a few of my clients. They are
*very* dependable (my site is never down more than a few minutes maybe every
6 months or so), they have *excellent* tech support, and are very
reasonable. http://www.EasyCGI.com/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 12th 05, 10:56 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
[...]

Oh, and Ginger-lyn, I can help you out if you need to put some stuff on a
sub-directory of my web site - please take this offer rather than doing
anything that was suggested here that is unethical. I already have
sub-directories on my site for several members of rpca - I can even set it
up so you can ftp to the site yourself (if you're technically savvy), or I
can update it for you (although now that I'm working from home I have *less*
time than I used to for this so you may have a day or two wait before
updates can be made).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 13th 05, 06:30 AM
Dan M

Anyway, he says he is still working on trying to find another web
hosting service that is reasonably inexpensive, but that after
December, it is likely it will all be shut down.

Does anyone here (I know there are some of you really smart computer
people out there!) know of a reasonably inexpensive hosting service
that he and/or I could move to? Any suggestions are gratefully
welcomed.

Nancy and I have most of our domains on neureal.com, and they've always
offered truly excellent service.

Old November 13th 05, 11:43 PM
Houston Legal Secretary

wrote in message
Most of you know I have a business website up, that has been in the
same location since August 1998 or so. A dear man who goes by Spirit
(a friend of a friend) has been kind enough to allow me space on his
site without even charging me anything.

Does anyone here (I know there are some of you really smart computer
people out there!) know of a reasonably inexpensive hosting service
that he and/or I could move to? Any suggestions are gratefully
welcomed.

Thanks!

Ginger-lyn

1. Try Dreamhost. You can get about 3000MB of space, unlimited domains,
MySQL and PHP, and Jabber, all for about $20 after this discount:

DEAL90

http://dreamhost.com

2. I offer free web hosting (as I had mentioned in a previous post here)
for PET RELATED WEB SITES: Details at:

http://webjones.org

3. I offer WordPress Pet themed blogs for free he

http://petdiaries.net

4. Surpass Hosting (http://surpasshosting.com) is relatively inexpensive,
they let you pay by the month (around $10) using PayPal.

Good luck!

HLS

Old June 3rd 06, 03:04 PM
dave1 dave1 is offline
Junior Member

which site do you want me to ad to mines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by