a truly dust free cat litter?

Old June 26th 05, 11:22 PM
Karen

Default a truly dust free cat litter?

So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

Old June 26th 05, 11:25 PM
CatNipped

"Karen" wrote in message
So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon

leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to

be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

I've found that "Tidy Cats" is the most dust-free I've ever used (well,
actually the cats use it, but I have to scoop it twice a day and I don't
breathe in dust with this one like I do with other brands).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 27th 05, 12:57 AM
Gracecat

"Karen" wrote in message
So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon
leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to
be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

There's this one paper litter in a blue-ish white bag that appears to be ok.
But the clumping isn't worth a.. hehe.. sh*t.

But dust wise, seemed ok.

Grace
who uses A&H multi-cat

Old June 27th 05, 04:31 AM
Christine Burel

"Karen" wrote in message
So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon

leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to

be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

Hey, Karen, I use Dr. Elsey's "Precious Cat" cat litter for multiple
kitties -- I really like it. Here's a link to the website:
http://www.preciouscat.com/
Petsmart carries it.
Christine

Old June 27th 05, 04:41 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:

So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

I've been using those absorbent pearls for a while now, and there is no
dust, but the annoying thing with them is that they roll around the
floor (after Miranda excavates one of the litterboxes). It's nice that
you don't have to scoop other than the solids, the rest is absorbed and
there is no smell.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 27th 05, 09:20 AM
Helen Miles

"Karen" wrote in message

So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed to be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to minimize
her being in dust?

"Yesterdays News" is brilliant. Doesn't track, isn't dusty, and you can
recycle it by digging it into the garden. Also, if you are "spot"
cleaning (removing poo) it's safe to fluch small amounts down the
lavatory.

Get the un-scented kind. )

Helen M

Old June 27th 05, 03:29 PM
CatNipped

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:

So, is there one? I have noticed Pearl's feet being very dusty upon

leaving
the cat box. We use unscented Arm and Hammer clumping litter. Supposed

to be
99% dust free, but..... What would be the best litter to get to

minimize
her being in dust?

I've been using those absorbent pearls for a while now, and there is no
dust, but the annoying thing with them is that they roll around the
floor (after Miranda excavates one of the litterboxes). It's nice that
you don't have to scoop other than the solids, the rest is absorbed and
there is no smell.

I used those for Bandit after she had her surgeries. *I* like it better,
but when Bandit was healed I put that in one litter box and used the
clumping litter in the other three, and *NOBODY* used the crystals, so I
decided not to try changing and causing litter box upsets.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.