my cat was bitten by a snake

Old April 19th 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Juliet L

Default my cat was bitten by a snake

I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
Theodore.

Old April 19th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
James

On Apr 19, 6:46*am, "Juliet L" wrote:
I've just got back from the vet. *My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. *He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. *There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
Theodore.

Sorry for you bad luck. Which poison snakes are there in your area?
Old April 19th 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Juliet L" wrote in message
I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney
failure and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose
my Theodore.

Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
by a snake. I am so sorry. I hope he manages a full recovery.

Old April 20th 09, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Apr 19, 3:46*am, "Juliet L" wrote:
I've just got back from the vet. *My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. *He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. *There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney failure
and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose my
Theodore.

I'm sorry, I hope he'll be okay.

Candace
Old April 20th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CorrieZ

On Apr 19, 10:51*am, "cybercat" wrote:
Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
by a snake.

We all know the advantages of keeping a cat inside, as I'm sure
Theodore's owner does now. But this is not the time for sarcasm. Maybe
next week....or maybe never, if the worst should happen.
Old April 20th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CorrieZ" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 10:51 am, "cybercat" wrote:
Wow, even though you kept Theodore inside where he was safe, he got bitten
by a snake.

We all know the advantages of keeping a cat inside, as I'm sure
Theodore's owner does now. But this is not the time for sarcasm. Maybe
next week....or maybe never, if the worst should happen.

Sorry. My comment is based upon my observation that there is probably no
Theodore at all.

Old April 20th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Apologies to Juliet, was my cat was bitten by a snake

"Juliet L" wrote in message
I've just got back from the vet. My cat was bitten by a snake this
afternoon. He's had anti-venom and is now on a drip for the next couple of
days, he might have to have more anti-venom if he doesn't respond in a
couple of hours. He's 11 years old, I'm worried that his age is against
him. There is also danger from the anti-venom, it can cause kidney
failure and can affect the coagulation of the blood. I can't bear to lose
my Theodore.

Juliet--thank you for your email. I am sorry I did not believe you, I guess
I am getting too cynical. You wrote that the snake got into his "cat run." I
guess you did your best to protect him, save keeping him inside altogether.
I hope he recovers. Please let us know.

Old April 20th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

You are not getting cynical Cyber you are just so used to the POS that come
here.
I am Happy to see that you still can apologize when you find out everything
so you know there is still hope that the newsgroups have not gotten to you
to bad yet ;-)

I was thinking the same thing that you said. Specially being from Florida
and knowing we have at least 13 predators which include 3 Deadly snakes
here.

So even though I did not say anything I offer my apologies to her also along
with purrs and prayers

Old April 21st 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Matthew, with respect, and cyber-whatever-suffix-today deserve each
other.

She shoots from the hip, typically inaccurately, piles it on, then
apologizes only when cornered. I wonder if she treats her cats the
same way, and if as a result they are as neurotic, small-minded and
generally nasty as she is - given that many times animals come to
resemble their owners and reflect their behavior patterns (rather than
the other way around), this is very likely the case.

And there you are, jumping in to endorse the behavior.

I feel sorry for the both of you, the 'pets' that exist only as
adjuncts to your egos and, accordingly, are your victims - and the
tiny, restricted little lives they must lead based on your behavior
and postings here.

You may know every little bit of what there is to know about the
physical health, anatomy and medical aspects of your cats - but cyber,
and you to a lesser degree, I will grant - are grossly ignorant of
their natures.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old April 21st 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

snipped

Excuse me! You really need to grow up and get some serious mental help.
What Phil put you in your place now you feel froggy. You really truly need
some serious help.

You have no idea what I have done for four legs in the past, present or what
I will do in the future or even what I do everyday for my own cats or others
that I know.

I am not going to even argue with you for I did have some respect; due to
you having some cat knowledge, for you till this post. Maybe one day you
will actual learn what is involved in dealing with the newsgroups instead of
sitting behind a computer screen and popping out information from the
internet. You will learn that 99% of the people that come here don't care.
They want a cheap way to fix something or are lying ( trolls) about the
situation. And the ones that truly need help are helped