Classic Caliban

Old September 6th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Classic Caliban

I was sitting at my desk reading rpca and Caliban was sitting beside my
laptop, waiting for his breakfast and taking the opportunity to groom
himself a little while waiting. Efficient time management!

While vigorously licking a spot on his back, he leaned a bit too far to
the side... and fell down on the floor. Contrary to what you would
expect, he didn't do the 'I meant to do that' lick. He stood there a
minute with a WTF? look on his face, then he slowly and in a dignified
manner walked over to his invisibility box and sat down inside it.
*Then* he id the 'I meant to do that' lick.

Old September 6th 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
I was sitting at my desk reading rpca and Caliban was sitting beside my
laptop, waiting for his breakfast and taking the opportunity to groom
himself a little while waiting. Efficient time management!

While vigorously licking a spot on his back, he leaned a bit too far to
the side... and fell down on the floor. Contrary to what you would expect,
he didn't do the 'I meant to do that' lick. He stood there a minute with a
WTF? look on his face, then he slowly and in a dignified manner walked
over to his invisibility box and sat down inside it. *Then* he id the 'I
meant to do that' lick.

I'm trying to laugh quietly. Rob is asleep and I'm doing a quick RPCA fix
in case our power goes out tomorrow. We're starting to get Hanna, or at
least the heavy rains and lightning. Mandy is riding the storm out at her
boyfriend's house so it is just Rob, 8 indoor cats, Speedy the wonder dummy,
and me. Strangely, I find that hurricanes excite me. Maybe I'm mentally
ill.

Pam S.

Old September 6th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
I was sitting at my desk reading rpca and Caliban was sitting beside my
laptop, waiting for his breakfast and taking the opportunity to groom
himself a little while waiting. Efficient time management!

While vigorously licking a spot on his back, he leaned a bit too far to
the side... and fell down on the floor. Contrary to what you would expect,
he didn't do the 'I meant to do that' lick. He stood there a minute with a
WTF? look on his face, then he slowly and in a dignified manner walked
over to his invisibility box and sat down inside it. *Then* he id the 'I
meant to do that' lick.

LOL! Dante sits, or lies on the stairs cleaning himself-- or playing with
his tail-- and sometimes goes tumbling down the stairs-- as Stinky did when
he was a young fellow. I had never seen cats fall down the stairs before
these two klutzes.

BTW, is it possible that the box is a Time Machine?
http://candh.wikia.com/wiki/Time_machine

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 6th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Marina" wrote in message
[...]

No, I kind of like 'em, too. I like how the sky gets all weird and purple
and green, and the air feels so heavy. I wouldn't want to have it all the
time, but it's sort of like being on another planet for a little while.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 6th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
BTW, is it possible that the box is a Time Machine?
http://candh.wikia.com/wiki/Time_machine

It's very possible - there's definitely something magic with that box.

Old September 6th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

I'm trying to laugh quietly. Rob is asleep and I'm doing a quick RPCA fix
in case our power goes out tomorrow. We're starting to get Hanna, or at
least the heavy rains and lightning. Mandy is riding the storm out at her
boyfriend's house so it is just Rob, 8 indoor cats, Speedy the wonder
dummy, and me. Strangely, I find that hurricanes excite me. Maybe I'm
mentally ill.

No, I kind of like 'em, too. I like how the sky gets all weird and purple
and green, and the air feels so heavy. I wouldn't want to have it all the
time, but it's sort of like being on another planet for a little while.

Yeah, but Theresa, you live in New York. Hurricanes *are* fun in the
Northeast. I used to love them in Boston. They could sometimes be bad,
and you wouldn't want to be out in one during the worst part of it.
Especially along the coast, they can do a lot of damage, even up in
Massachusetts. But it's still nothing like how it is down in the Southeast.
I've never experienced that!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 6th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

I'm trying to laugh quietly. Rob is asleep and I'm doing a quick RPCA
fix
in case our power goes out tomorrow. We're starting to get Hanna, or
at
least the heavy rains and lightning. Mandy is riding the storm out at
her
boyfriend's house so it is just Rob, 8 indoor cats, Speedy the wonder
dummy, and me. Strangely, I find that hurricanes excite me. Maybe I'm
mentally ill.

No, I kind of like 'em, too. I like how the sky gets all weird and
purple
and green, and the air feels so heavy. I wouldn't want to have it all
the
time, but it's sort of like being on another planet for a little while.

Yeah, but Theresa, you live in New York.

My dad lives in South Florida

Old September 7th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

wrote in message

Yeah, but Theresa, you live in New York.

My dad lives in South Florida

My whole family lives in S. Florida, but I have made it a point not
to visit them during hurricane season.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 7th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

wrote in message

Yeah, but Theresa, you live in New York.

My dad lives in South Florida

My whole family lives in S. Florida, but I have made it a point not
to visit them during hurricane season.

My family is a hoot-- they are all transplants from the north, of course,
and when they were up here, they were never as obsessed with weather as they
are down there. :P

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net