OT - Getting Nervous (Long)

Old September 4th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default OT - Getting Nervous (Long)

On Sep 3, 1:13*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Less than 2 days now until my surgery and I'm getting a bit nervous!

The surgery is scheduled for this Friday, 9/5/2008, at around 10:30AM
(central time here in Houston). *It's going to be done at Methodist
Hospital, and I'll be there just one night, hopefully. *I'll ask Ben to post
something here after he gets home from the hospital that day, but if you
don't hear it's probably just because he'll forget. *I should be able to get
on my computer a few days after surgery and let you know how it all went
(and whether I would recommend the surgery to others with this problem).

Yeah, Victor, I know I'm a drama queen... but in this instance I think I'm
allowed a bit of nerves shown and purrs asked of friends!

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatNipped,

I thought I had your email address in my 'other' email, but obviously
don't... Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you,
and doing what I do.

I've got all the inside beasts purring and 'grunting' (Shelby is wont
to do that anyway, may as well put it to good use), and have even
asked the strays and ferals to send purrs your way... Can't have too
many purrs, prayers, offerings, and songs.

Be well, I'll be 'singing' extra hard when I believe it will be time
for your surgery. Know that you are in my thoughts, with kindness,
these days.

Annie (Smokie Darling)

Old September 4th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Sep 3, 2:34*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message

et...

"CatNipped" wrote

| What I'm having done is an "anterior cervical discectomy with fusion at
C6
| and C7".

This is to treat carpal tunnel syndrome???

No, the carpal tunnel syndrome type "symptoms" were caused by a pinched
nerve in my neck. *When I broke my wrist two years ago, they didn't do a
thorough exam at the ER, so I didn't realize that I had also ruptured a disc
in my neck and cracked the two vertebrae above and below it which caused the
bone to "over-grow" and also pinch down on the nerve along with the ruptured
disc. *The occasional tingling and numbness in my right ring finger had
progressed to constant pain from my neck down to my fingertips and numbness
in my entire hand and also my right foot. *I am actually at the point where
I'm losing the coordination of my right hand (I keep dropping things for no
apparent reason). *

snicker, I do that all the time... I've learned that if I've got
something breakable in my right hand, I need to make sure my left hand
is underneath, just in case.

I am really hoping that this procedure fixes the problems for you.

So I'm having the surgery and hoping that the nerve
didn't get permanently damaged.

Yeah, you don't buy trouble for yourself, do you? I'm teasing you
CN.

I know what you are worried about, but... heck there is no but...,
enough worry about what may go wrong, why not think about what may go
right afterward? Yep, way easier said than done.

Tail Twitches,

CatNipped

Smokie Darling (Annie) - wish I could sit and hold your hand for you,
just for the comfort of a friend nearby.

Old September 4th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Annie - I am very grateful for all the purrs and support!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 7th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Sep 3, 12:13*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

The surgery is scheduled for this Friday, 9/5/2008, at around 10:30AM
(central time here in Houston). *It's going to be done at Methodist
Hospital, and I'll be there just one night, hopefully. *

Coming to this late so you've had the surgery so I'll send purrs that
it all went well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs