CAT DIARY

Old June 15th 05, 07:12 PM
Cat Diary

Default CAT DIARY

Hi gang, it's been a long time! Years, in fact. Here's a recent diary
from Chance. I've updated the web site and taken the free newsletter
mailings in-house and it appears to be working well -- so, if it's been
a while, feel free to visit www.catdiary.com and sign up.

CAT DIARY 6/05

The current craze among humans is Blogs. Interesting name, blog. When I
first heard it I thought it was a perfect description for a hairball.
"Look honey," the Big Owner might say to his wife, "the cat left a blog
on the carpet." Or "He blogged on my car ... again." Blog could have
been the textbook definition of heaving a hairball. Just think of the
sound we make when we let one loose: "Bl-Bl-bl-bloooooooooogghhh." To
which the Big Owner might say, "Oh, no, he's blogging! Somebody stick a
magazine under him!"

Blog could have been anything cat related and it would have fit - you
would know exactly what blog meant when the Big Owner might say,
"Sweetheart, can you clean the blogs from the cat box today?" Try this
one on for size: "We gotta get some scissors and cut that blog off his
fur." (Only long-haired cat owners might appreciate that one.) Or "Look
at his teeth. There's all sorts of blog caked on there. Ugh." Blog
could have been an exotic feline disease and we'd have bought it: "He's
got Blog," the vet could say. "Give him two of these every day for
a week and he'll be fine. That's $150 dollars, please." Blog could have
been the new-age word for neutering: "We blogged Chance last week." I
wish it were blog, it sounds more masculine than neuter. Alas, blog is
none of the above and never will be. Blog is the human ellipsis for Web
Log. A log of postings on the World Wide Web. A modern day ... diary.
Ahhhh, I thought, I know something about those. Perhaps I should
embrace the new technology and begin posting my own web log ... or
blog. And with that I started "Chance the Chat," a blog for cats
detailing the minutia of my everyday life.

Monday

Woke up late. Sidled down to my cat food dish, ate breakfast, and
retired to the closet and went back to sleep. Aside from the lunch and
dinner breaks, that was pretty much it for today. Almost forgot to blog
today.

Tuesday

Sorry this post is late. Woke up early, planning to blog. Got diverted
by my cat food dish, ate breakfast, and then slept to under the bed the
rest of the day. Pretty much the same as yesterday.

Wednesday

Got up earlier today figuring the fans of my blog were surely waiting
for my newest entry. You'll have to wait longer because I got locked
outside when the Big Owner left for work. I'll finish it tomorrow.

Thursday

I forgot what I was going to write down from yesterday. This blog thing
is not as easy as it looks. I will go eat something, re-energize
myself, and hammer something out right away. Stay tuned.

Friday

Sorry about yesterday. I ate a big meal, and then sat down to blog.
Guess the meal took its toll on me because I closed my eyes for just
one second and fell asleep.

Saturday

This blog thing is beginning to interfere with my day. I almost blew
off this post for breakfast, but decided I could not keep my legion of
fans waiting. But it's too early in the day to post anything. Nothing
has happened. I just woke up, so get off my case. I'll write when
something big happens.

Sunday

Nothing big has happened. In fact, nothing big ever happens. It's
another day of being a cat. I slept through it. I apologize if my blog
is tedious to you. How do humans make their blogs so interesting? Now I
know. They make it up. Frankly, that's too much work for me. I'm
signing off this blog ... then going back to sleep.

It was a good day.

Purrs,

Mark Mason
www.catdiary.com

kitten diary Ann Cat anecdotes 2 November 16th 04 08:42 AM
Excerpts from a cat's diary Marina Cat anecdotes 4 September 2nd 04 03:03 AM
Cat diary Frank Cat health & behaviour 2 June 3rd 04 05:18 PM