Leapin' Lizards!

Old September 6th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Leapin' Lizards!

Okay, they don't leap. LOL But there are lots of lizards down here in
coastal South Carolina, USA. The small ones (maybe three inches head to
tail) are light green. If you run into one you might think you're in the
middle of a Geico commercial because sometimes they just sit and look at
you, cocking their heads.

The ones that get big (5 or 6 inches from head to tail) are experts in the
art of camouflage. Salamanders?

I guess that's what Persia was looking at. She started chattering, staring
intently down at the ground outside the window. I couldn't see a damn
thing. She kept chattering, I kept looking. Oh wait... there it is! It
was a good sized lizard. It blended in almost perfectly with the wet mulch
and leaves by the shrubs.

Persia was fascinated. She kept glancing at me as if to ask, "What the hell
is that thing?" She tracked it all the way around a bush, then it went up
against the house. She got miffed because she couldn't see it anymore.

Jill

Old September 7th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

She is going to have a great good time when one of them gets inside.

Both the front and back door at my sisters house in Florida have a
little area inside the first door before you go through the second
door into the house. For all the world reminds me of the air locks
and decontamination chambers in sci-fi movies. And its largely to
make sure to don't bring any 'alien life forms' into the house with
you such as palmetto bugs and lizards. The lizards seem to get into
the house every once in a while anyway.

Molly and Jake occasionally bring a lizard home for Kayla to play
with.

I think really they bring it home (into the back yard usually) to keep
the other neighborhood cats from them. But Kayla thinks they are
bringing her toys anyway.

Jo

Old September 7th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Don't worry, Persia, there'll be more.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 7th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Maybe a chameleon (sp?)? They're capable of changing colors.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe