a month has gone by

Old November 13th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default a month has gone by

It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.
Old November 13th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Winnie wrote in news:190a2ece-720e-4a98-a340-fce23ebcb6e4
@h21g2000vbh.googlegroups.com:

It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

Purrs continuing for your sad heart.

Bobble
Old November 13th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Winnie" wrote in message
It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

Of course you do and it's important to have plenty of time to grieve for
him.
(hug)
I found that ashes of my beloveds, I needed to bury or put away after a
while, depending on how long I needed to grieve which is individual for each
person.
You gave Rusty a good life, you loved him. He was lucky, eh? But sometimes
it's the end of their lives and there is nothing we can do about it.
Tweed

Old November 13th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 13, 11:44*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

[...]

I plan to bring Rusty's ashes to be sprinkled in my mother's backyard,
under a birch tree. But I can't do that till January when I go see
her.
I am thinking I should probably pack the urn in my carry-on bag so I
don't see
it

Yes, even the vet said Rusty was lucky to have me. I did everything I
could to take care of him. I spent a lot of time researching his
medical problems.

At least Rusty won't feel the cold this winter. He used to sit
over the heat vents. He never did that until last winter when he was
just skin and bones.
And he won't have to put up with being boarded at the vet. He hated
that,
and rubbed his nose raw against the cage door. I felt so bad/ But with
his poor health,
I didn't trust anyone else to look after him while I was away.

..
Old November 13th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 13, 7:36*am, Winnie wrote:
It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
*I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no *Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

(((((((((Winnie))))))))))))))

You'll always miss our Rusty cat, but it gets better, I promise.

Sherry

Old November 13th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 14/11/2010 12:36 AM, Winnie wrote:
It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

*hugs*. Can't say it gets 'better' so much as the sad days get further
apart.

Yowie
Old November 13th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

[...]

---------
I think that's a good idea, I found that looking at the urn brought it back
too much.
----------

Tweed

Old November 13th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Winnie wrote in
:

wrote:
"Winnie" wrote in message

[...]

(snip)

------
We all have our own ways of dealing with grief. I have to put away
anything that reminds me of the cat who just died, otherwise I'd be crying
and depressed all day. Thoughts of that kitty still come to me from time
to time and I deal with them when they do, but to see reminders all the
time is bad for me.

Bobble
Old November 13th 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

((((((Winnie))))))

--

Joy

It takes a harsh and cruel drought to sort the weaker saplings out.
It makes room for stronger trees; maybe that's what life's about.
- John Williamson, Galleries of Pink Gallahs"

Old November 14th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 05:36:36 -0800 (PST), Winnie wrote:

It has been exactly a month since Rusty went to RB on Oct 12.
I am just beginning to get used to not having him around.
When I go fix supper, there is no Rusty sitting by the kitchen door
patiently waiting to be fed.
I got teary eyes whenever I looked at his urn of ashes sitting on his
favourite window hammock.

I miss my Rusty cat.

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel: Kenzie has only been gone since
Oct 23rd

Every day, I miss seeing her in her favorite spots, and the way she
mirped at me, when I would pass her in a darkened room, so I would know
she was there, and so she would get some scritches.

It's very, very hard, losing a beloved cat

Only time can lessen the pain, unfortunately.

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein