Woman puts kitten in bin - it's ok it's not hurt!

Old August 25th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default Woman puts kitten in bin - it's ok it's not hurt!

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Takayuki" wrote in message
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-2060590.html

And will probably get away with a slapped wrist! She is being offered
police
protection due to the "level of vitriol against her"! I say let the
masses
loose on her, serves her right!

It's so unreal, I can't even get mad. I'd be delighted if a little
kitten came up to me like that and asked for head scritches.

That's because you are normal and would not have abused her trust by
grabbing her by her scruff and dumping her into a bin where she might not
have been found until the truck came along and she got crushed.
It's lucky the cat had a voice. KFC never had one, if she'd been put
into a bin like that I would never have found her.

My postings / reading have been spotty lately, so maybe you've already
posted this. Have you ever talked to the vet who had KFC put down or
found out the name of the woman who "cat-napped" her?

No, up to now I have not found the *kind" woman who catnapped her, but may
one day I will, I live in hope.
Neither have I spoken to the vet who did it, apart from speaking to the
receptionist at the practice when I found out what happened. I was so
expecting to pick her up from there and bring her home when I found that was
where she was taken.
It's pointless to talk to that vet, he did not realise that she never went
out until she was looking for me. Yes, she was thin, she had CRF. Because
she never groomed any more I'd plucked her mats out. She looked bad, I
suppose.
What he did not know is that she was under the care of my own vet
Looked good to be put down as a stray funded by RSPCA
I will remember that. I should have had her microchipped but as I was in
hospital as an emergency I don't think that would have made much difference.
My neighbour could have saved her as KFC went to her house, asking where her
meowmie was.
Imagine my fury when I saw my neighbour reading my "have you seen this cat?"
I put all over every lamp post.
I knew for a fact she'd been inside my house as I left the door open for
Boyfie as he was out, and the padlock on my gate had been interfered with to
open
June came to look after everything and she found the same thing for two
days - she said "someone is coming in your back gate - and it's your
neighbour.."
She saw it.

Old August 25th 10, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:18:59 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie" sharonand
wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100823/...n-870a197.html

I was disgusted by this. Poor little thing was there for 16 hours before
someone heard it and rescued it!

Sharon

This story, with the VERY clear video, was just on the local evening
news in the USA, 8-24-10

I hope they catch that nasty woman. It just makes me see red! That poor
kitty must have been terrified!

Apparently she "thought it would be funny"!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100825...y-6323e80.html

What?? Words fail me!

Sharon

She was quoted in that link, Speaking to The Sun, the woman said people were
"overreacting". She said: "I really don't see what everyone is getting so
excited about - it's just a cat." That's the problem with people like this.
It's just a cat?!!! Excuse me? Someone like that shouldn't be allowed to
leave her house without a keeper.

Jill

Old August 25th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Aug 25, 4:21 am, "Cheryl P." wrote:
Really, the reaction to this case is way over the top. It was a very
bizarre thing to do, but the cat wasn't hurt; it apparently wasn't even
missed for hours (since it was normally away during the night and wasn't
seen by the owner during the day unless it came in for food) and I think
the vilification should be saved for people who abandon, starve and
torture cats, not for some silly fool who didn't even hurt one.

It's truly shocking that people are so willing to take the law into
their own hands like a bunch of vigilantes that this woman has to have
police protection!
Cheryl P.

My over-the-top reaction is due to one little factor. What I know
about English
refuse containers can be emblazoned on a pinhead, but that one looked
in the
vid similar to our local recycling bins....when lid closed,
*airtight*. None of the
other factors were enough to get me ballistic but that one. Even the
cat's fear
and exhaustion were not permanent. Asphyxiation is kinda permanent.

**************
Not to mention, if it is the same type of bin so many garbage pickup
companies in the US use, when the truck comes around to pick it up, it's
hoisted on a mechanical arm and all the contents are summarily dumped into a
huge bin at the back of the truck. Then the contents are compressed. The
cat could have been crushed to death. Not a pretty mental picture. There's
nothing funny about this. The woman is daft if she thinks so.

Jill

Old August 25th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Debbie Wilson wrote:

wrote:

You're right - in a country where declawing is illegal, you'd think
acts like this one would also be illegal. Well, we can hope!

Animal cruelty *is* a criminal offence here. We can only hope the
evidence is deemed sufficient to get her prosecuted and punished, sadly
though I suspect it will be a small fine rather than anything
meaningful.

Did the news agency get it wrong then? This is what they say:

West Midlands Police said Ms Bale had not committed a criminal offence. A
spokesman said: "The RSPCA is leading an investigation into the incident
and will be interviewing the woman shortly. Coventry police are supporting
the society's investigation and would urge the public to leave the matter
to be dealt with in the appropriate manner by the authorities. Coventry
police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal
offence."

Why do they keep saying "she has not committed a criminal offence"? Are
they saying that this action doesn't constitute cruelty to animals?

Joyce

--
Speak your mind even if your voice cracks while you're saying it.
Old August 25th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"kraut" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:18:32 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I was disgusted by this. Poor little thing was there for 16 hours
before
someone heard it and rescued it!

Sharon
I hope she's caught and when she is, gets a prison sentence.

--
Adrian

The CCTV footage was so clear that she has already been identified and
apparently is now being "questioned by the RSPCA"
That will be useful then :-(
The police are not interested.
I would not like to be her if she'd done this to Boyfriend - not that he
would ever allow a stranger to pet him, but even so, if he had and she'd
done this I would be knocking on her door. Maybe more than once. She
would
truly regret the day she put my cat into a garbage bin.
Tweed

Our local news said she was IDed and had to stay in her house and hire
a couple guards to protect her and her home!!

Apparently her mother says she is a kind person and because her father is in
hospital after a fall, that may have "caused her to do that.."
Yeah, right. When my mother was found dead unexpectedly in 03 it did not
cause me to gather a cat up in the street and throw it into a bin, where if
the bin was collected next morning the cat would have been crushed.
There is no excuse at all.
She looked round before she did it to see if anyone saw her do it.

Old August 25th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
The CCTV footage was so clear that she has already been identified and
apparently is now being "questioned by the RSPCA"
That will be useful then :-(
The police are not interested.
I would not like to be her if she'd done this to Boyfriend - not that he
would ever allow a stranger to pet him, but even so, if he had and she'd
done this I would be knocking on her door. Maybe more than once. She
would
truly regret the day she put my cat into a garbage bin.

You're braver than I am then. I wouldn't go anywhere near her house.
For all I know, she might hit me over the head with a rolling pin as
soon as she opened the door, then bury me in her back yard.

Nah. She is brave enough to put a cat a bin when she thinks no-one sees her
but I doubt she she would be brave enough to see me at her door if she ever
did that to Boyfriend.
Fortunately Boyfie is too sensible to allow a stranger anywhere near him.
If he is in the house and the doorbell sounds he is off to the hills.
The only exception for him is Simon, my ex-counsellor. If it's Simon,
Boyfie will come back in and peep from the kitchen - "is it Simon??"
If so he *might* just come back. Simon is the only person who has seen
Boyfie kneading me.

Old August 25th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"outsider" wrote in message
. ..
"Cheryl P." wrote in news:8dk960FipuU1
@mid.individual.net:

Really, the reaction to this case is way over the top. It was a very
bizarre thing to do, but the cat wasn't hurt; it apparently wasn't even
missed for hours (since it was normally away during the night and wasn't
seen by the owner during the day unless it came in for food) and I think
the vilification should be saved for people who abandon, starve and
torture cats, not for some silly fool who didn't even hurt one.

Let's make this very clear. If collecting bin day was the next day, that
cat would have been crushed and minced in the lorry that collects them.
Now tell me how serious you think dumping a cat in a wheelie bin is?

Old August 25th 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

wrote:

Why do they keep saying "she has not committed a criminal offence"? Are
they saying that this action doesn't constitute cruelty to animals?

That's all I can assume - it is probably up to the RSPCA to gather the
evidence to prosecute her, as they are the 'official' body. :-(

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 25th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
Adrian wrote:

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100823/...n-870a197.html

I was disgusted by this. Poor little thing was there for 16 hours
before
someone heard it and rescued it!

Sharon

I hope she's caught and when she is, gets a prison sentence.

They now say that she's been identified and is being questioned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-2060590.html

And will probably get away with a slapped wrist! She is being offered
police
protection due to the "level of vitriol against her"! I say let the
masses
loose on her, serves her right!

It's so unreal, I can't even get mad. I'd be delighted if a little
kitten came up to me like that and asked for head scritches.

I'd be delighted, too! That kitten was obviously looking for some headbutts
and scritches, extending a paw of friendship. Then this nutjob pretends to
be her friend and gets dumped in a trash bin. How cruel. And she has the
nerve to say she thought it was funny? She's a grown woman, not a kid
thinking this is cute. She knew better but she did it anyway.

Jill