I just don't get some people

Old September 2nd 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I just don't get some people

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
On 9/1/2011 2:20 PM, wrote:
Lesley wrote:

On Aug 31, 12:30 pm, wrote:

BTW Dave got the back-story on the kitten issue. Seems the lady was

en route
to work and spotted this kitten at the side of a road along with

more. She
stopped, and all the kittens ran off except this one, so she

grabbed it,
brought it home, hurriedly stuck it in a large carrier that they

use for
their dogs, tossed in the first food she could find with some

water, then
rushed off to work. According to her husband she didn't take it

inside
because it had fleas. They treated for fleas that night, and

brought the
kitten inside the next morning. She will be a housecat, the man

said, and
told Dave that he knew we were concerned and was appreciative that

we put
shade over the carrier and gave food and added a litterbox.

Sounds a lot better although I still think if I;d picked up a stray
kitten I'd have grabbed some cat food on the way back and been late
for work then again I know some places where being late for work can
cost you the job so maybe she really didn't have time.

She could have at least put the carrier in the shade.

Maybe she did, the sun does move ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Technically the earth moves Or are you a member of the flat earth
society? Heheh.

Jill

Old September 2nd 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

On 9/2/2011 9:22 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message

Maybe she did, the sun does move ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Technically the earth moves Or are you a member of the flat earth
society? Heheh.

Actually, the Sun does move as well, in fact the entire galaxy is both
moving and rotating, we're just moving with it so we don't notice ;-)

--
Nik Simpson
Old September 2nd 11, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

nik Simpson wrote:

On 9/2/2011 9:22 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message

Maybe she did, the sun does move ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Technically the earth moves Or are you a member of the flat earth
society? Heheh.

Actually, the Sun does move as well, in fact the entire galaxy is both
moving and rotating, we're just moving with it so we don't notice ;-)

Hey, could you post that link to the kitten cam again? I had some
problem accessing it a while ago, and I pinged you for assistance, but
I guess you didn't see my post. Unfortunately I don't remember what
the problem was, so if you'd repost that link, I'll start over again.

Thanks,
Joyce

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old September 2nd 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

nik Simpson wrote:

On 9/2/2011 2:03 PM, wrote:

Hey, could you post that link to the kitten cam again? I had some
problem accessing it a while ago, and I pinged you for assistance, but
I guess you didn't see my post. Unfortunately I don't remember what
the problem was, so if you'd repost that link, I'll start over again.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...e-control-toys

Thanks!

What was the problem?

Actually, the problem I was originally asking about is solved. I was able
to get in the queue, and then I got a chance to play with the kitties.
Except it didn't seem like anything I did on the control panel actually
moved anything in the cat room. And I *was* connected, because I was able
to operate the camera, move it around and see different parts of the room.
But when I clicked and held any of the toy buttons, I didn't see anything
moving. I did scan the room so I could see all the toys, but I didn't seem
to have any control of them. What is supposed to happen?

I did get to watch a volunteer or employee pet and play with the cats. She
might have been feeding them, but I didn't watch her for long - I was too
busy trying to figure out how to operate those toys! My session didn't last
too long, though, so I'll have to try next time. Any tips?

Thanks,
Joyce

--
There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old September 3rd 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

nik Simpson wrote in news:82366$4e60eacc$4b4ca91a$425
@KNOLOGY.NET:

On 9/2/2011 9:22 AM, jmcquown wrote:

"nik Simpson" wrote in message

Maybe she did, the sun does move ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Technically the earth moves Or are you a member of the flat earth
society? Heheh.

Actually, the Sun does move as well, in fact the entire galaxy is both
moving and rotating, we're just moving with it so we don't notice ;-)

The Doctor can feel it.

Hey, it is one of my favorite scenes.

Old September 3rd 11, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/2/2011 6:17 PM, outsider wrote:
nik wrote in news:82366$4e60eacc$4b4ca91a$425
@KNOLOGY.NET:

"nik wrote in message

Maybe she did, the sun does move ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Technically the earth moves Or are you a member of the flat earth
society? Heheh.

Actually, the Sun does move as well, in fact the entire galaxy is both
moving and rotating, we're just moving with it so we don't notice ;-)

The Doctor can feel it.

Hey, it is one of my favorite scenes.

I hear ya.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 3rd 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:53:35 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
wrote:
On Aug 31, 12:30*pm, "Pat" wrote:
[...]

That does sound better. That's what I would have thought, because the
situation sounded familiar - I wrote a while back in "Betty's
Doorstep" about a lost dog that made me late for work one morning. My
neighbor told me that I could go off to work and that he and his wife
would check on her. I didn't want to just leave her tethered outside
though, but we fortunately found her people looking for her.