Hunter and Ozzy "Met"

Old April 16th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Hunter and Ozzy "Met"

Accidentally!

I opened up the folding door to Hunter's part of the house and he scooted
out between my legs (will expect and prevent that in the future!).

Ozzy was right behind me and my heart leapt into my throat waiting for
disaster to happen. What happened was that Hunter walked over to Ozzy and
gave him nose kisses which Ozzy returned. They just sniffed at each other
for a while until I could intervene - no hisses, no growls, no swats, no
posturing even, just friendly sniffs. I then got Hunter scooted back into
his own area.

I just hope that when it's time for the real introduction that things go
that well with the rest of the clowder.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 16th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Apr 16, 10:19 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Accidentally!

I opened up the folding door to Hunter's part of the house and he scooted
out between my legs (will expect and prevent that in the future!).

Ozzy was right behind me and my heart leapt into my throat waiting for
disaster to happen. What happened was that Hunter walked over to Ozzy and
gave him nose kisses which Ozzy returned. They just sniffed at each other
for a while until I could intervene - no hisses, no growls, no swats, no
posturing even, just friendly sniffs. I then got Hunter scooted back into
his own area.

I just hope that when it's time for the real introduction that things go
that well with the rest of the clowder.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters hehttp://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Lori,
Maybe you can allow Ozzie some time with Hunter so the two can become
friends before Hunter meets the rest of the gang. I did that with Sam
and when the time came for him to be released into the population it
helped that he had friends to buffer his encounters with Hobbes.
Julie
Old April 16th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

could be that you can start the introductions by taking Ozzie to hunter's
area and letting them get better acquainted if they are non hostile hunger
having a friend to start off might help, Lee

Old April 16th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
[...]

That's a great idea! But I'm going to wait a while even for that. I know
that there is only a *very* small chance that Hunter may have picked up FeLV
just days before we brought him in, but I'm still worried about that. He
can't be definitively tested and pronounced "negative" again for another 6
weeks.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 10:19 am, "CatNipped"
wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure why it takes so long? When I took the rescue "Spotty" (now
named Egon) to the vet to be checked before The House of Mews would take
him, they tested him for that (among other things). I got the results the
same day so I was able to take him over right away.

Jill

Old April 16th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

His first test (two weeks ago this Saturday) was negative. However, the vet
said that if he had been infected in the previous few days it would not have
shown up on that test - that it takes at least 60 days before the antibodies
show up in the blood and cause a positive reading on the test strip and in
the meantime he could transmit it to other cats with just a hiss.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Accidentally!

I opened up the folding door to Hunter's part of the house and he scooted
out between my legs (will expect and prevent that in the future!).

Ozzy was right behind me and my heart leapt into my throat waiting for
disaster to happen. What happened was that Hunter walked over to Ozzy and
gave him nose kisses which Ozzy returned. They just sniffed at each other
for a while until I could intervene - no hisses, no growls, no swats, no
posturing even, just friendly sniffs. I then got Hunter scooted back into
his own area.

I just hope that when it's time for the real introduction that things go
that well with the rest of the clowder.

Sounds very good to me.
Lots of luck for the intros.

Tweed

Old April 16th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

This sounds like a good idea.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 17th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Betty still likes to nap wif her Unka Ping! It's about the only time we
can actually give her skritchins and luvins (besides when she has her
face in a food dish)

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old April 21st 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

GaDragonfly wrote:
Lori,
Maybe you can allow Ozzie some time with Hunter so the two can become
friends before Hunter meets the rest of the gang. I did that with Sam
and when the time came for him to be released into the population it
helped that he had friends to buffer his encounters with Hobbes.
Julie

That's great to hear!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek