Fluffy SP and Ratty

Old April 15th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

Default Fluffy SP and Ratty

Fluff spends her nights in the cat house. Bonnie and Clyde spend their
nights inside the main house with us. The reason being that Fluff refuses
to use a litter box, enough said.

We have a large walnut tree near the cat house and I pick up the walnuts and
store them in the back of the cat house. Suddenly I have become aware that
a visitor is sharing the house nightly and dining on walnuts. It is
strange that a rat can be completely unafraid of a cat, even stranger that a
cat won't follow its instincts and kill the rat. I noticed that Fluff's bed
has been chewed which leads me to think that Ratty has a nest somewhere in
the cat house!!! I have this vision in my mind's eye of Ratty and Fluff
tucked up together, exchanging anecdotes about life. After all, how many
rats have a resident cat to guard their nursery.

Of course, this is a bad situation, rats are dirty critters and something
must be done. I have removed the walnuts and am hoping that ratty will
leave also. I hate the thought of poison and traps so let's hope that
Ratty will take the hint.

Another thought. Perhaps I should put B and C down in the cage to protect
Fluff, lol.

Bev

The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Old April 16th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"ollie2" wrote in message
[...]

Shmogg & IBKFergus would sit and watch the mice running across the kitchen
floor like hoomins watch the TV.They thought it was great entertainment, but
it didn't occur to them that they were suppoed to chase, hunt & kill the
creatures. IBKFergus in particular much preferred to chase inanimate
objects, the Red Dot Greebling, and, her favourite, my ankles.

Whilst I have not seen any gory evidence that the current crew are hunting
mice, the rodent population seems to have retreated from the house into the
garage, and its the flies that are in mortal danger. Suki in particular can
make incredible leaps and lunges, and can often catch (and consume) a fly in
mid flight.

Moral of the story: cats will do as they please, don't impose stereotypes on
them :-)

Good ot hear from you again, Bev!

Yowie

Old April 16th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"Yowie" wrote in message
"ollie2" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Yowie. Liked your views on cats and rodents. I have been laid
low lately. I have suffered a series of happenings over the last few
months. After the stroke I went walking daily, tripped and damaged my
arm, hence couldn't do much of anything for weeks. I blame new bifocal
glasses. DH had to do all housework and cooking but with the help of
physio I am almost OK now. Then we had a car accident, not too bad but I
hit my head and had some whiplash. No one else was hurt thank goodness but
damage to our car was $7000 and also $7000 to the other car. DH was to
blame. I also found out belatedly that the stroke had damaged my eye and
caused macular degeneration (can't read a thing on the eye chart with my
left eye). And can still drive OK. However the cats cheer me up so
musn't moan, lol.

Bev

Old April 16th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

ollie2 wrote:

Another thought. Perhaps I should put B and C down in the cage to protect
Fluff, lol.

I think this is your best option, Bev. Even if Bonnie and Clyde don't
touch Ratty, *three* cats and no walnuts may make him/her reconsider the
housing situation.

Old April 19th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

ollie2 wrote:
Thanks Yowie. Liked your views on cats and rodents. I have been laid
low lately. I have suffered a series of happenings over the last few
months. After the stroke I went walking daily, tripped and damaged my
arm, hence couldn't do much of anything for weeks. I blame new bifocal
glasses. DH had to do all housework and cooking but with the help of
physio I am almost OK now. Then we had a car accident, not too bad but I
hit my head and had some whiplash. No one else was hurt thank goodness but
damage to our car was $7000 and also $7000 to the other car. DH was to
blame. I also found out belatedly that the stroke had damaged my eye and
caused macular degeneration (can't read a thing on the eye chart with my
left eye). And can still drive OK. However the cats cheer me up so
musn't moan, lol.

Bev

We are sending lots and lots of purrs and gentle hugs for you, Bev,
Polonca and Soncek
Old April 20th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

"polonca12000" wrote in message
ollie2 wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the purrs and hugs Polonca, I have needed them over the last few
weeks

Bev

Old April 20th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

ollie2 wrote:
[...]

Here are some more purrs and hugs from me, Bev.

--
Joy

Blessed are the PURR in Heart!

Old April 21st 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

ollie2 wrote:
[...]

Thanks Joy, I like the sound of purr in Heart Think it's time for a
holiday, friends have told me antarctica is a great place to go to. I
need a few penguins to hug.

hugs, Bev

Fluffy says hi BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 1 December 1st 05 07:15 PM
Pilling Fluffy SP Bev Cat anecdotes 8 November 29th 05 07:32 PM
Fluffy SP is unwell Bev Cat anecdotes 14 November 28th 05 08:00 AM
Help! Da TED said we're too fluffy! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 9 August 3rd 05 11:44 AM
Fluffy? Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 5 January 15th 04 05:20 AM