OT recipe help

Old April 21st 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT recipe help

if I were single I would be in love with you, Lee
Matthew wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated
sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.

Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in
flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto
ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for

2
minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as
above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate

for
1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed

paper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into

1/2-inch-thick
slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or

until
golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to
cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Chocolate Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie

sheets
or line with parchment paper. Melt unsweetened chocolate in top of double
boiler or hot, not boiling water. Remove from heat; let cool. Cream

butter,
melted chocolate and sugar in large bowl until blended. Add egg and

vanilla;
beat until light. Blend in flour, baking soda, chocolate chips and

macadamia
nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared
cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks

cool.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
Ingredients

8 ounces white chocolate baking bar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 ounces white chocolate baking bar
1/2 teaspoon shortening
Directions

Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop 4

ounces
of the white chocolate baking bar; set aside. In a heavy, small saucepan,
melt the other 4 ounces of the white chocolate baking bar over low heat
while stirring constantly; set aside to cool slightly. In a mixing bowl,
cream the butter, sugar, salt, and baking soda until fluffy. Add eggs and
melted white chocolate; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour

as
possible with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining

flour.
Stir in the 4 ounces of chopped white chocolate. Drop dough from rounded
teaspoon 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9
minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 1
minute, then move to cooling rack. Just before serving, melt the

raspberry
jam (can be done in microwave, just make sure you cover it!). Spoon a

little
jam into the center of each cookie. In a small saucepan, melt the 3 ounces
of white chocolate baking bar with the shortening, stirring constantly.
Drizzle each cookie with some of the melted mixture. In necessary,
refrigerate cookies for 10 or 15 minutes to set the chocolate.

Chocolate Chip Orange Delights
Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange flavoring
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon dried grated orange peel
3 cups thick old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Directions

Soften butter or margarine; add to sugars and beat together until creamy.
Beat in eggs or egg substitute, vanilla, and orange flavoring. Stir in
flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel. Mix well.

Stir
in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased

cookie
sheet and bake 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute or
so, then place on paper towel to cool.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Sift
together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl,
cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the banana and egg,

then
stir in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well
blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Drop by
rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10
minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for

5
minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Old April 21st 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Stormmee wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Best (and easiest) I know of is the one found on the Quaker Oats box.
(It's been there for generations, so I assume it still is - if not do a
search for "oatmeal cookies".)
Old April 21st 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Buy a package of Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips. There will be a
recipe on the package. The only changes we make are to use half butter and
half butter flavor Crisco in place of the shortening. Oh and we drop the
oven temp by 10 degrees, but that could just be our oven.

Get a roll of parchment and put a sheet of that over your cookie sheet.

I've always used aluminum foil, sprayed with "Pam" or any non-stick
cooking spray. (Cheaper than parchment, and I usually have both on hand.)
Old April 21st 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

its so refreshing to see that I do not have the only breathing man who knows
how to cook and enjoys a good recipe, Lee
Matthew wrote in message

big kiss

Old April 21st 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Jo Firey wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Buy a package of Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips. There will be a
recipe on the package. The only changes we make are to use half butter
and half butter flavor Crisco in place of the shortening. Oh and we
drop the oven temp by 10 degrees, but that could just be our oven.

Get a roll of parchment and put a sheet of that over your cookie sheet.

I've always used aluminum foil, sprayed with "Pam" or any non-stick
cooking spray. (Cheaper than parchment, and I usually have both on
hand.)

Have you tried the Reynold 'Release' non stick foil? Its really great.
I'm for anything that means I don't have to scrub pots and pans. Nowadays
instead of lazy I just claim I'm saving hot water and detergent from
causing global warming.

Besides one thing I've got truly sick and tired of over the years is how
cruddy cookie sheets start to look after a while with burnt on stuff that
won't scrub off.

I save where I can and where I think of it too. I will usually have two
baking sheets going if I'm making cookies. But find the parchment on each
one lasts through several sheets of cookies.

I find the cookies don't spread as much on parchment and I like that.

Jo

Old April 21st 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Damn. I was safely ignoring you till I got to the white chocolate
raspberry ones.

That I have to try.

Jo

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLI. TOLL HOUSE. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 3750 F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter,
granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl
until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by
rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for
2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough
as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until
golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate
for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed
paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 3750 F. Cut into
1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10
minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;
remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

[...]

Remove to wire racks to cool.

Old April 22nd 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 21, 1:04*am, "Stormmee" wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Speaking of cookie recipes, I just ran across the Pillsbury Bake-off
winning cookie recipe. Haven't made it (too much peanut butter for
me).....but the winner walked
away with a million bucks. I thought it was kind of lame that the main
ingredient is a roll of Pillsbury slice 'n bake cookies, but the end
product must have impressed a lot of folks.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/Sho...aspx?rid=44842

Sherry
Old April 22nd 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Jo Firey" wrote in
:

Have you tried the Reynold 'Release' non stick foil? Its really
great. I'm for anything that means I don't have to scrub pots and
pans. Nowadays instead of lazy I just claim I'm saving hot water and
detergent from causing global warming.

Jo

I use it all the time but I admit it is out of lazyness.
Old April 22nd 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:04 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Speaking of cookie recipes, I just ran across the Pillsbury Bake-off
winning cookie recipe. Haven't made it (too much peanut butter for
me).....but the winner walked
away with a million bucks. I thought it was kind of lame that the main
ingredient is a roll of Pillsbury slice 'n bake cookies, but the end
product must have impressed a lot of folks.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/Sho...aspx?rid=44842

Sherry

Apparently they're getting rewarded for using a pre-made product. Frankly,
I find that rather disturbing. Cookies aren't difficult to make. I will
say Mom was never June Cleaver in that respect, but she baked cookies
occasionally.

Mom's mother always had oatmeal cookies and M&M cookies in a tin by the
cellar door when we came to visit (which wasn't often, given we travelled a
LOT). My dad's mother made candy

Jill

Recipe for the Cats Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 22nd 06 08:01 PM
Recipe time! Mishi Cat anecdotes 3 December 17th 06 08:26 PM
Need Recipe CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 August 21st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Recipe needed Pat Cat anecdotes 22 June 28th 06 07:05 AM
RECIPE TIME: was My dog is gay! OU812? Cat anecdotes 7 September 4th 04 04:47 PM