OT recipe help

Old April 22nd 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT recipe help

better than too skinny in my book, Lee
Matthew wrote in message
My big stomach definitely shows how much I love food

"Stormmee" wrote in message
its so refreshing to see that I do not have the only breathing man who
knows
how to cook and enjoys a good recipe, Lee
Matthew wrote in message

big kiss

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if I were single I would be in love with you, Lee
Matthew wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter,
granulated
sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until

creamy.
Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually

beat
in
flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon

onto
ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking

sheets
for
2
minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare
dough
as
above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until
golden
brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper.

Refrigerate
for
1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in

waxed
paper.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into
1/2-inch-thick
slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes

or
until
golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire
racks
cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Chocolate Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie
sheets
or line with parchment paper. Melt unsweetened chocolate in top of
double
boiler or hot, not boiling water. Remove from heat; let cool. Cream
butter,
melted chocolate and sugar in large bowl until blended. Add egg and
vanilla;
beat until light. Blend in flour, baking soda, chocolate chips and
macadamia
nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto

prepared
cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire

racks
cool.

White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
Ingredients

8 ounces white chocolate baking bar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 ounces white chocolate baking bar
1/2 teaspoon shortening
Directions

Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop

4
ounces
of the white chocolate baking bar; set aside. In a heavy, small

saucepan,
melt the other 4 ounces of the white chocolate baking bar over low
heat
while stirring constantly; set aside to cool slightly. In a mixing

bowl,
cream the butter, sugar, salt, and baking soda until fluffy. Add

eggs
and
melted white chocolate; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the

flour
as
possible with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining
flour.
Stir in the 4 ounces of chopped white chocolate. Drop dough from

rounded
teaspoon 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7

9
minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Cool
for

1
minute, then move to cooling rack. Just before serving, melt the
raspberry
jam (can be done in microwave, just make sure you cover it!). Spoon

little
jam into the center of each cookie. In a small saucepan, melt the 3
ounces
of white chocolate baking bar with the shortening, stirring
constantly.
Drizzle each cookie with some of the melted mixture. In necessary,
refrigerate cookies for 10 or 15 minutes to set the chocolate.

Chocolate Chip Orange Delights
Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange flavoring
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon dried grated orange peel
3 cups thick old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Directions

Soften butter or margarine; add to sugars and beat together until

creamy.
Beat in eggs or egg substitute, vanilla, and orange flavoring. Stir

in
flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel. Mix
well.
Stir
in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto

ungreased
cookie
sheet and bake 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a

minute
or
so, then place on paper towel to cool.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

Sift
together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium

bowl,
cream together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the banana and

egg,
then
stir in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until

well
blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Drop

by
rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to

10
minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking

sheet
for
5
minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Old April 22nd 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Damn. I was safely ignoring you till I got to the white chocolate
raspberry ones.

That I have to try.

Jo

I have a file on the side of this in which I save those recipes posted in
here that are too intriguing for me to ignore. Mathew has posted quite a
few of them, as has Jill.

Pam S.

Old April 22nd 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sherry wrote:
On Apr 21, 1:04 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Speaking of cookie recipes, I just ran across the Pillsbury Bake-off
winning cookie recipe. Haven't made it (too much peanut butter for
me).....but the winner walked
away with a million bucks. I thought it was kind of lame that the main
ingredient is a roll of Pillsbury slice 'n bake cookies, but the end
product must have impressed a lot of folks.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/Sho...aspx?rid=44842

Sherry

Not sure what the rules are, now (it's many years since I last
considered entering) but don't they ENCOURAGE entrants to use Pillsbury
products as a base for their recipes?

Recipe for the Cats Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 22nd 06 09:01 PM
Recipe time! Mishi Cat anecdotes 3 December 17th 06 09:26 PM
Need Recipe CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 August 21st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Recipe needed Pat Cat anecdotes 22 June 28th 06 07:05 AM
RECIPE TIME: was My dog is gay! OU812? Cat anecdotes 7 September 4th 04 04:47 PM