His purr is getting louder

Old April 21st 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default His purr is getting louder

Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night in last
night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the bird feeders and
when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he purred louder than ever. I
don't think it will be too long before he gets on my lap and when it feels
like he's ready he could use a brushing.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 21st 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night
in last night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the
bird feeders and when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he
purred louder than ever. I don't think it will be too long before he
gets on my lap and when it feels like he's ready he could use a
brushing.

You've got yourself a new owner I'm so happy he's chosen you.

Jill

Old April 21st 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

om...
--

He really is doing well isn't he?

Molly took another step toward world domination yesterday. I'd started to
change my clothes, put a clean folded pair of jeans out on the bed, but
then decided to work in the yard in the grubbies I was already wearing.

Now Molly doesn't even hang out indoors normally during the day. But later
on, I found a neatly folded Molly taking a nap squarely in the center of
the clean neatly folded jeans.

Jo

Old April 21st 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night in
last night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the bird
feeders and when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he purred
louder than ever. I don't think it will be too long before he gets on my
lap and when it feels like he's ready he could use a brushing.
--

\
YAY!!!!! I bet he becomes a lap sponge in short order.

Pam S

Old April 21st 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Jo Firey wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night
in last night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the
bird feeders and when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he
purred louder than ever. I don't think it will be too long before he
gets on my lap and when it feels like he's ready he could use a
brushing. --

He really is doing well isn't he?

Molly took another step toward world domination yesterday. I'd
started to change my clothes, put a clean folded pair of jeans out on
the bed, but then decided to work in the yard in the grubbies I was
already wearing.
Now Molly doesn't even hang out indoors normally during the day. But
later on, I found a neatly folded Molly taking a nap squarely in the
center of the clean neatly folded jeans.

Jo

Awwwwww.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 22nd 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Adrian wrote:
Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night in last
night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the bird feeders and
when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he purred louder than ever. I
don't think it will be too long before he gets on my lap and when it feels
like he's ready he could use a brushing.

Great progress, Adrian.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 22nd 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:
Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night in last
night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the bird feeders and
when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he purred louder than ever. I
don't think it will be too long before he gets on my lap and when it feels
like he's ready he could use a brushing.

What a sweetheart! Give him a few skritches from me, too.

Old April 22nd 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:41:00 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

Shadow is getting more confident every day, he spent his third night in last
night. This morning he followed me round as I filled up the bird feeders and
when we came in I sat on the floor to pet him, he purred louder than ever. I
don't think it will be too long before he gets on my lap and when it feels
like he's ready he could use a brushing.

Sounds like he's finally decided you're his ;-) Once Rocky reached
that point he VERY quickly turned into a lap cat - though his purr
stayed silent for the rest of his life. Of course I could feel the
vibration when he was purring, and if that wasn't a dead give away he
always drooled when extremely happy. LOL In fact his meow was silent
as well, the only time he made noise was when he was very unhappy,
like when he was getting ready to fight - either a strange cat or TED
;-)
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old April 22nd 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 05:27:17 -0500, Steve Touchstone wrote:

[...]

When I adopted Katie and Cinders back in 2002, after my house fire, Katie
made friends with me almost immediately, but Cinders was afraid of me.
When my sister came to visit, Cinders made friends with her, and was
friendly with me as long as my sister was there, but went back to being
scared of me after my sister left. Then, one day, several months after I
adopted her, Cinders suddenly decided one day to make friends. From that
day onward, she was very affectionate. She also became very talkative,
whereas she had been almost silent while she was scared of me. Katie had
to be put to sleep a couple of months later, due to cancer; I am glad
that Cinders was not still scared of me at that point, as it would have
made Katie's loss harder to take.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Purr NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 20 December 4th 06 09:03 PM
Please purr for me. Rusty Cat community 27 December 2nd 06 11:23 PM
Need Some Purr SuzQ Cat anecdotes 19 June 10th 05 11:30 PM
Purr Pad Kris Dockter Cat health & behaviour 38 September 27th 03 03:52 AM
Purr Pad Kris Dockter Cats - misc 6 September 22nd 03 02:18 PM