Posting with permission

Old May 2nd 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Default Posting with permission

This is from Serge's Cousin, his eulogy.

On behalf of my family, alive and deceased, I would like to welcome you to a
Mass in celebration of the life of my cousin, Serge Luciano Dasara.

The night my cousin died, I emailed one of his close online friends who
immediately responded ‘I loved the man even though I had never met him. Not
the man/woman love but the soul kind that touches deep in your being.” It
appears that Serge had that ‘soul kind” of love with dozens of people.

Other friends remarked “I am just sick today knowing he is not with us.” “I
feel crushed. The shock of Serge’s passing is worse than when my own family
members passed away.” “I am heartbroken.” “Dammit I’m really going to miss
him.” ‘I spoke to him before the surgery but I wish that I had that moment
back, just to tell him how much his friendship had meant to me over the
years.”

One of his friends who lives in the Midwest is walking in support of an
animal shelter on Serge’s behalf today. That same friend is donating a
tablet in Serge’s honor to the rehab where Serge had stayed.

In short, the outpouring of grief in the wake of Serge’s death has been
heartwarming.

You may wonder how one person could have had such profound, meaningful
relationships with so many people.

But then, all of you who are here today know why. Serge was an incredibly
learned man with a zest for life. I can honestly say that I don’t know any
other human being who had as many interests or careers as Serge has had.
Take a look at his bookcase to give you an inkling of his intellectual
pursuits. You can find a shelf on Buddhism, another on Judaism, another on
Christianity. Other shelves reveal that he had read French and Japanese
literature extensively. Don’t forget his computer science texts from his
days as a grad student in that field. I could go on.

He also had a deep fascination for scents, fountain pens,cigars and food.
Lest you think this means he was a stuffy cold book worm, let me remind you
that he spent some years as a foreman of railroad laborers, a Toyota
salesman and as a hairdresser. Moreover, his beloved cats were the be all
and end all of his life.

In short, Serge’s passing marks a tremendous loss to many people who loved
and admired his passion for life. Serge’s life was truly a journey through
many worlds. Let us wish him peace in his afterlife. As I see him now, he
is sitting in a soft recliner with Madame Anais on his lap. He is smoking a
Havana cigar and reading Proust in French as he takes notes with a fabulous
fountain pen using fuchsia ink. He is wearing one of his ten favorite
colognes and a flawlessly pressed pink shirt made for him in Hong Kong. He
is sipping on a …… and waiting for a serving of fettuccine carbonara.

Old May 2nd 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 2 May 2012 12:26:14 -0500, "Gramby"
wrote:

[...]

That is a wonderful eulogy.

Nobody will say things like that about me when I'm gone, unfortunately.
Old May 2nd 12, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Those of us who knew him were very lucky. In all my years, there are not
many people like him. It is a beautiful eulogy

Old May 3rd 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_12_]

wrote:

[...]

Don't be so sure abut that, Gandalf, my friend
You are a wonderful, kind man

Kyla