A tribute to Uncle Serge Dasara

Old October 30th 12, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default A tribute to Uncle Serge Dasara

My Paw got started reading and posting on RPCC several years ago. He felt
a little out of place initially, since his previous time on RPCC was on
technical newsgroups. Very shortly after Paw got started another man-
human started posting - Uncle Serge (though back then he was called
Sonam). My Paw was kind of relieved to have another new guy around -
especially another guy.

My Paw and Uncle Serge became friends, and even talked on the phone once
in a while. My Paw hates talking on the phone, so that really says
something!

When Paw got involved in helping with out adventures, he was delighted
that Serge was such an excellent and creative writer. Our adventures
would not have been nearly as exciting without Serge's excellent writing.

The way that Uncle Serge loved Mme Anais was inspirational. He obviously
loved his kitty, and wanted to take care of her as best he could. The
example he set was an inspiration to all of us. When Mme. Anais
tragically went to the Rainbow Bridge, Serge was devastated. Paw and
Serge's other friends talked to him as often as they could to help him
cope. When he adopted the Sisters a short time later my Paw was
delighted! And Uncle Serge loved the Sisters just he did Anais, and gave
them a wonderful, loving home.

When Serge went into the hospital Paw was concerned, but not overly so.
He sent Serge a tiny laptop to use for email and Usenet while Serge was
hospitalized. A few days later when Paw getted a voice mail from Gramby
he thought "Uh oh, I wonder who got hurt or died?" It never even occurred
to him that Serge might not have survived surgery. And the thought of
Serge being gone was just more than Paw was capable of handling. When he
learned that it was Serge, he was shocked. He felt numb for days. It just
didn't seem possible that Serge could be gone. But working with Serge's
cousin on getting the Sisters relocated and getting Serge's belongings
finally made it sink in.

Serge Dasara was a very good friend to many of us. He offered support
when people were down or sick. He loved his kitties dearly. He was the
most most creative and valuable contributor to our adventures that my Paw
has ever seen. He will be very badly missed.

My Paw still can't believe that he's gone.

Human note: Serge, I know you're in a better place. You are deeply
missed, my friend.
Old October 30th 12, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
[...]

Anais and me were spekul frendz. She evin shayert hur duzzinz (a gross)
ov
pink-ponk bawlz wiff me. Unka Serge wuzza uh gudgud Paw tu hur, and den
tu da sisfurrz. He wuzza faythful sekkerterry, an yu kud tel dat he
shur enjoyed
poztink on RPCC. Meowmeez hart hurt wen Anais went tu da bridge, an
broke wen Unka Serge joyned Anais at da Bridge.

Dere izza m-t playce in ower hartz, and Unka Serge wyll be rememfurred
an mizzt.
--
Pit2ô.ônya

Old October 30th 12, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 21:09:21 -0700, "Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"
wrote:

[...]

I talked to Sege a fair amount and we chatted with emails. When he
went in for his operation, I told him that he would probably be OK and
all he should worry about was getting sufficient rehab after the
medical work. He reassured me that he had that all planned out.

It's sad but you can't plan everything to come out right.

At least Serge is away from the planet that holds the Governor of New
Jersey (he disliked Christie) and on to a better place.
Old October 31st 12, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On 30 Oct 2012 03:30:36 GMT, Amelia T Cat wrote:

[...]

Win ai waz nu tu dis hous, anna scared alla tiem, Unca Serge sended me
sum feelywai, tu make myown self feel bettur. He was a bery, bery gnise
man.

Lorelei,

Human note: I have read RPCC for many years, rarely posting. When my
beloved calico girl Kenzie went to the Bridge two years ago, Uncle Serge
put a tribute to her up on his website, which meant a LOT to me.

He wrote about Mme Anais all of the time, and he was very, very good at
it, unlike myself. When she went to the Bridge, it was a very sad time
for all of the regular users of RPCC. Nobody loved a cat more than Uncle
Serge loved his sweet Mme Anais.

I was so happy when he got the beautiful sisfur cats, which helped with
his grief from losing Mme Anais. It was wonderful to see his writing
about them, again.

When my sweet calico kitty Kenzie went to the Bridge two years ago,
Uncle Serge put a tribute to her on his web page. It is still up, at the
bottom of this page:

http://www.smurgle.net/anais/friends.html

I can't tell you how much this meant to me.

Then when I got Lorelei, she was a very unhappy cat, very scared being
in a new house, removed from the only house and people she had ever
known. She was hiding in the basement, all of the time.

Uncle Serge sent me a bottle of Feliway, which I know is quite
expensive, to help Lorelei get used to her new home.

I spoke with Uncle Serge on the phone, and he was just the nicest man
you could ever possibly imagine.

It was a terrible shock, when he didn't survive his surgery. Always,
there is some risk, but it's a common procedure, performed for many,
many years all over the world. You just EXPECT people to go home, and
then, after some recovery time, bounce back and feel even better than
before.

Always, it seems like bad things happen to the really good people.

I was so happy when his two cats were sent to a wonderful new home; I'm
sure that would have been his biggest worry.

I was so upset that there was nothing I could do to help.

I will always remember his kindness, above all else. I am so glad that I
got to talk with him, before he went to rejoin Mme Anais, to cross the
Bridge together.

There is a terrible shortage of people like Uncle Serge in the world; we
cannot afford to lose a single one.
Old October 31st 12, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

There is a terrible shortage of people like Uncle Serge in the world; we
cannot afford to lose a single one.

Amen to that.

Dan
Old November 1st 12, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Oct 29, 11:30*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
My Paw got started reading and posting on RPCC several years ago. He felt

Loving tribute, lovingly snipped

Human note: Serge, I know you're in a better place. You are deeply
missed, my friend.

Mine fren Maggy May luvd an admird Mme Anais furry mutsh. I am shur
dat dey hangd out at da Brij wile da Mme waited for her hoomin. I am
shor dat Maggy May wuz honord to meet Uncl Serg an dat dey all haff a
gud deel to tok about.

Hee will be missd butted he has wots of frenz an admyrers at da Brij.

--
WooToo
Old November 2nd 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

On Oct 29, 11:30 pm, Amelia T Cat
My Paw got started reading and posting on RPCC several years ago. He felt

Loving tribute, lovingly snipped

Human note: Serge, I know you're in a better place. You are deeply
missed, my friend.

Mine fren Maggy May luvd an admird Mme Anais furry mutsh. I am shur
dat dey hangd out at da Brij wile da Mme waited for her hoomin. I am
shor dat Maggy May wuz honord to meet Uncl Serg an dat dey all haff a
gud deel to tok about.

Hee will be missd butted he has wots of frenz an admyrers at da Brij.

--
WooToo

Doze wur bootiful tribootz. Owr House dint noe Unka Serge like da rezt uf yu
did, but hym n owr Meomie xchanged e mayles sumtymez n Serge wuz ulwayz nise
tu Mommy.
Hym wuz luffed bai awl hu new hym n doze hym hulped. Serge wuz sew kind n
hym wint tu RB wai tu soon.

Lufs
Mosey, Meowy, PookyKat, Sqweex and Pipps

Old November 10th 12, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^^=[_4_]

What beautiful tributes to Unka Serge.
We didn't know him as well as you all did, but he and our Mom just
exchanged some nice e mails.
He was very nice, and loved his friends, helped others, and was a kind man,
He will be missed.

Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex and Pipps