Who's comfy now? (another Buffy pic)

Old June 4th 15, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Who's comfy now? (another Buffy pic)

After Buffy spent a couple of minutes on the freshly washed "crackle
sack" I looked around and she'd disappeared. I figured she'd wandered
into the den, or maybe the guest bedroom.

I got up to do something and guess where she was? In the carpeted
barrel of Persia's old cat perch.

http://i62.tinypic.com/29b1xsg.jpg

She looks pretty smug and comfy, doesn't she? G

She had been giving me a heck of a time since I sat down at the computer
this morning, wanting to be in my lap. Since I'm not used to that I am
not encouraging it. She snuck up anyway under the arm of the chair.
Ah, but my small computer desk has a roll-out keyboard tray. She leaned
against it and it rolled back. She nearly fell off my lap! I said see?
This is why this isn't a good place for you to sit.

I pointed out carpeted cat furniture to her again this morning. I guess
after the moves-by-itself keyboard tray this seems like a better place
to lounge around. She's right behind me, she can see me if she wants
to. She can hear me tapping on the keyboard so she knows I'm right here.

Jill
Old June 4th 15, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/4/2015 3:09 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

She sounds a real darling.

Judith

She really is a darling! She's been playing with the dangling mousie
that came attached with that old piece of cat furniture all those years
ago. Persia never paid that toy a bit of attention. Buffy discovered
it and has been batting it around.

I tried to join in the play with Buffy but she wouldn't bat at it if I
pushed it. She seems to want to do it herself. Okay.

I just moved an empty cardboard box to the middle of the living room.
I'm about to find out what Buffy thinks of boxes.

Jill

Old June 4th 15, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I think she looks extremely cute, and rather unique, with her solid buff
color, squishy looking udder, sea-green eyes, notched ex-feral ear tip,
smug smile, and freckled nose.
Old June 4th 15, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/4/2015 1:52 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Awwww, that's sweet. Welcome, Buffy!!

MaryL

Old June 5th 15, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_3_]

On 06/04/2015 02:52 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Concatulations on the new owner! She sounds like she's settling in
nicely, and she's a lovely gurlcat!

Glad she's found such a good home!

Chris and Oreo
Old June 5th 15, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_4_]

I'm so glad that you found such a NICE cat in such desperate need of a
new home. She sounds like a real sweetheart.

Old June 5th 15, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

My cats love being in those barrels.
Old June 6th 15, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:07:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
She really is a darling! She's been playing with the dangling mousie
that came attached with that old piece of cat furniture all those years
ago. Persia never paid that toy a bit of attention. Buffy discovered
it and has been batting it around.

I tried to join in the play with Buffy but she wouldn't bat at it if I
pushed it. She seems to want to do it herself. Okay.

I just moved an empty cardboard box to the middle of the living room.
I'm about to find out what Buffy thinks of boxes.

She just loves her new home, and loves you too. I'm sure she was mourning
her meowmie, but she must be convinced that she and fate sent you to her.
Old June 6th 15, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 05 Jun 2015 01:23:48 -0600, Gandalf
wrote:
I'm so glad that you found such a NICE cat in such desperate need of a
new home. She sounds like a real sweetheart.

And Jill, like a cat newbie, was probably afraid that her next cat, if any
came at all, would be aloof. But instead, Buffy's personality sounds more
like my late Betty's - always waiting for the next lap.
Old June 6th 15, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/5/2015 8:06 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:07:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
She really is a darling! She's been playing with the dangling mousie
that came attached with that old piece of cat furniture all those years
ago. Persia never paid that toy a bit of attention. Buffy discovered
it and has been batting it around.

I tried to join in the play with Buffy but she wouldn't bat at it if I
pushed it. She seems to want to do it herself. Okay.

I just moved an empty cardboard box to the middle of the living room.
I'm about to find out what Buffy thinks of boxes.

She just loves her new home, and loves you too. I'm sure she was mourning
her meowmie, but she must be convinced that she and fate sent you to her.

She does love her new home! And me, too. (Ditto!)

She does not, however, appear to be the next Maru. She couldn't have
cared less about the empty box.

Jill

Airline comfy travel for Cats and other Pets SUNNY Cat health & behaviour 0 July 17th 09 09:20 AM
This can't be comfy Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 6 August 19th 06 05:33 AM
Comfy? Marina Cat anecdotes 11 October 12th 05 04:32 AM
Otis is comfy and Chester is not Susan M Cat anecdotes 13 March 30th 05 04:27 AM
Comfy Nikki Marina Cat anecdotes 10 November 23rd 03 12:55 AM