anyone heard from Hopitus?

Old June 29th 12, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default anyone heard from Hopitus?

Jane wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:52:56 AM UTC-4, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:02:50 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
A great many of the wild horses (not those seen in photos walking down streets, those are privately owned riding horses) have managed to move themselves to 'safer' environs. BLM is bringing in tanks for water for them to drink.

Anyone know any good rain dances? Seems that ours don't appear to working very well.

Plan an outdoor event of some sort, preferably a big one. That usually does the trick.

And encourage everyone with an automobile to wash it and park it outdoors!
Old June 29th 12, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Friday, June 29, 2012 12:10:19 PM UTC-6, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Jane wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:52:56 AM UTC-4, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:02:50 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
A great many of the wild horses (not those seen in photos walking down streets, those are privately owned riding horses) have managed to move themselves to 'safer' environs. BLM is bringing in tanks for water for them to drink.

Anyone know any good rain dances? Seems that ours don't appear to working very well.

Plan an outdoor event of some sort, preferably a big one. That usually does the trick.

And encourage everyone with an automobile to wash it and park it outdoors!

Answering everyone here....

Had a wedding, no rain (lovely wedding, that was *very* fast because it was 105° at the time). Had a big Bluegrass Festival, no rain. We are under drought conditions, so no car washing .

Thanks for the ideas though. A friend suggested getting everyone in town to dress up and do our own rain dance, but the "suits" said that would be insulting to certain peoples (um, hello? I *am* one of those certain peoples, and I think it's a great idea).
Old June 29th 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jane wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:52:56 AM UTC-4, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:02:50 PM UTC-6, Cheryl wrote:
A great many of the wild horses (not those seen in photos walking down streets, those are privately owned riding horses) have managed to move themselves to 'safer' environs. BLM is bringing in tanks for water for them to drink.

Anyone know any good rain dances? Seems that ours don't appear to working very well.

Plan an outdoor event of some sort, preferably a big one. That usually does the trick.

And encourage everyone with an automobile to wash it and park it outdoors!

"Murphy's Law is recursive: washing your car to make it rain doesn't work."

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com
Old June 30th 12, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
[...]

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!
(Arizona's population was hispanic before the anglos took over, yet our
schools are now forbidden to include hispanic culture in their
curriculum!) I'm one of those naive liberals who think that
understanding the various cultures than make up our American "melting
pot" would ELIMINATE "racism", not foster it.
Old June 30th 12, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_5_]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!

de-lurkIndeed it has. And the "etiquette" of staying silent in
public about political and religious matters has resulted in a society
so complacent that freedom is vanishing on all fronts, indeed our very
existence is now threatened.

How is it that we cannot discuss and debate real issues without
everyone getting ****ed off and withdrawing into their private caves?
The tactic which has brought us to this state of affairs is called
"divide and conquer" and has been promulgated by those who already
have more financial assets than they or their descendents will ever
need and whose principal drive is to gain more and more power and
control. Control over you and me.

These sociopaths have used their considerable influence to convince us
that to talk about what's going on politically is unacceptable and
divisive, while they sit in their ivory towers laughing at the fact
that we are now so gullible, spineless and dumbed-down that we don't
even dare to discuss the most flagrant white-collar criminal behavior
by the puppets they control - the puppets we call our "leaders"./de-
lurk

Old June 30th 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

Thanks for the ideas though. A friend suggested getting everyone in
town to dress up and do our own rain dance, but the "suits" said that
would be insulting to certain peoples (um, hello? I *am* one of those
certain peoples, and I think it's a great idea).

The suit's comment also assumes that none of those certain peoples
would be participating, so "we" are going to insult "them." As though
"they" are not even part of the proceedings.

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!

Yes, but only by people who don't think about the issues very deeply. I
hate the melting pot idea - let's all become one big blob of non-culture!
Usually what that means (in the US) is that anyone who isn't anglo should
give up their own culture and assimilate into the dominant (anglo) culture.
Often when people say, "Really, we're all the same," they usually mean
"Everyone is like me."

(Arizona's population was hispanic before the anglos took over, yet our
schools are now forbidden to include hispanic culture in their
curriculum!)

I wouldn't consider that to be ""PC in any way, unless PC means
"suppress anything except white American culture." In which case,
the term has become completely meaningless.

--
Joyce

"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old June 30th 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Pat wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!

de-lurkIndeed it has. And the "etiquette" of staying silent in
public about political and religious matters has resulted in a society
so complacent that freedom is vanishing on all fronts, indeed our very
existence is now threatened.

How is it that we cannot discuss and debate real issues without
everyone getting ****ed off and withdrawing into their private caves?
The tactic which has brought us to this state of affairs is called
"divide and conquer" and has been promulgated by those who already
have more financial assets than they or their descendents will ever
need and whose principal drive is to gain more and more power and
control. Control over you and me.

Right, so for example, the people who are out of work blame "the
illegals" for taking their jobs away, instead of the bankers who got
us into this mess.

I do hear a lot of people talking about this, though. That talk
doesn't often make it to mainstream media because, guess who owns most
of mainstream media? But everyone who declares him/herself to be part
of "the 99%" is certainly talking about it!

Old June 30th 12, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

Thanks for the ideas though. A friend suggested getting everyone in
town to dress up and do our own rain dance, but the "suits" said that
would be insulting to certain peoples (um, hello? I *am* one of those
certain peoples, and I think it's a great idea).

The suit's comment also assumes that none of those certain peoples
would be participating, so "we" are going to insult "them." As though
"they" are not even part of the proceedings.

Exactly my point. It was actually humorous, if it hadn't been so stupid. I mean, why not get the whole town together, we can chant, sing, praise [whomever], and be a *community*. Oops, can't do that.

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!

Yes, but only by people who don't think about the issues very deeply. I
hate the melting pot idea - let's all become one big blob of non-culture!
Usually what that means (in the US) is that anyone who isn't anglo should
give up their own culture and assimilate into the dominant (anglo) culture.
Often when people say, "Really, we're all the same," they usually mean
"Everyone is like me."

Oh heavens, I hope everyone isn't like me! That'd be pretty awful (lol).

Old June 30th 12, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
[...]

That makes at least two of us.

Joy

Old June 30th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Being "politically correct" seems to have deteriorated to a point where
any recognition of legitimate cultural differences has become suspect!

de-lurkIndeed it has. And the "etiquette" of staying silent in
public about political and religious matters has resulted in a society
so complacent that freedom is vanishing on all fronts, indeed our very
existence is now threatened.

How is it that we cannot discuss and debate real issues without
everyone getting ****ed off and withdrawing into their private caves?
The tactic which has brought us to this state of affairs is called
"divide and conquer" and has been promulgated by those who already
have more financial assets than they or their descendents will ever
need and whose principal drive is to gain more and more power and
control. Control over you and me.

Some of us can discuss such things rationally, but we have to be very
careful who we discuss them with. Too many people become angry and resort
to name-calling and insults. I must admit, there are very few people I dare
discuss politics with. When my husband was alive, he was not one of them.
We belonged to different parties, and learned early in our marriage that we
could not discuss partisan politics without becoming angry. Within a month
or so, we agreed never to discuss such things. That saved us a lot of
arguments.

Joy

These sociopaths have used their considerable influence to convince us
that to talk about what's going on politically is unacceptable and
divisive, while they sit in their ivory towers laughing at the fact
that we are now so gullible, spineless and dumbed-down that we don't
even dare to discuss the most flagrant white-collar criminal behavior
by the puppets they control - the puppets we call our "leaders"./de-
lurk

Hopitus is right (OT) Lesley Cat anecdotes 9 February 5th 09 07:15 PM
Where is Hopitus? Pat Cat anecdotes 6 June 9th 06 02:03 AM
Ping: Hopitus Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 July 25th 05 05:12 AM
PING Hopitus Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 7 May 1st 05 02:48 PM
About Hopitus Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 41 June 27th 04 08:53 PM