"Noisy Bangers" -- Grrrrrr

Old July 4th 04, 10:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:25:31 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
Summer) yodeled:

Rant mode on/

Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of
setting someone else's home on fire, injuring animals, children or
themselves, giving someone with PTSD severe problems, or causing a
heart attack in an elderly person?

No.

They surely don't think of my
cats, two with heart conditions, looking terrified and trying to hide
anywhere they can, as it goes on, for hours, night after night.

Last night, I'd had it. I stepped outside and screamed "Knock it off!
Do you realize there elderly people in this neighorhood with heart
problems? You moronic idiots!"

They set off one last "F-You" blast, and stopped.

Blessed peace for awhile.

I hate it too, but sometimes you just have to pick your battles and
realize the tide is against you, and that it will pass. I live on a
block full of Chinese people, great people really, but I just have to
resign myself that they are going to light fireworks at the least
excuse.

But I remember a friend of mine who was sitting on the roof with his
dog, which would have been perfectly safe if there weren't idiots
shooting off fireworks nearby. The poor dog panicked, and ran
straight off the roof. She survived the fall, but there were heavy
vet bills.

Theresa
My Blog:
http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com
Old July 4th 04, 10:39 PM
jmcquown

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
Rant mode on/

Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of
setting someone else's home on fire, injuring animals, children or
themselves, giving someone with PTSD severe problems, or causing a
heart attack in an elderly person? They surely don't think of my
cats, two with heart conditions, looking terrified and trying to hide
anywhere they can, as it goes on, for hours, night after night.

Last night, I'd had it. I stepped outside and screamed "Knock it off!
Do you realize there elderly people in this neighorhood with heart
problems? You moronic idiots!"

They set off one last "F-You" blast, and stopped.

Blessed peace for awhile.

Rant mode off/

Ginger-lyn

I don't "get it". It started here on July 2nd but thankfully rained so the
morons didn't have a chance to keep it up for long. Firecrackers and even
sparklers are actually illegal where I live, but you always have one group
of idiots who drive to another county to buy them. Their sole purpose in
life then seems to be getting drunk and (accidentally) setting shrubs on
fire and then laughing uproarously about it. And I'm not talking about
children, I'm talking about 40-50-something adults. Give me a break.

I'm glad you finally got some peace. The same thing will start up again
here just before Labor Day in September. Ahem, what does Labor Day have to
do with fireworks?

Jill

Old July 4th 04, 11:17 PM
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of

I *love* fireworks and I used to love New Year's Ever at my
grandparent's house because it always meant fireworks. That said, I am
very thankful the City of Austin bans all fireworks within the city
limits.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 5th 04, 12:52 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:39:07 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I don't "get it". It started here on July 2nd but thankfully rained so the
morons didn't have a chance to keep it up for long. Firecrackers and even
sparklers are actually illegal where I live, but you always have one group
of idiots who drive to another county to buy them.

Here in Lawton Oklahoma, it's illegal to set off fireworks except for
at a couple designated areas. Our city council, in their infinite
wisdom, make buying fireworks legal (no doubt to bring in the sales
tax revenue). Care to guess how many people who buy the fireworks even
know where they can set them off legally?
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old July 5th 04, 01:07 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 5th 04, 01:07 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 5th 04, 01:23 AM

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:17:32 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
Why do so many people find it necessary, not just on, but for days
before and after, the 4th of July, to set off incredibly loud
fireworks in crowded neighborhoods? Don't they consider the risk of

I *love* fireworks and I used to love New Year's Ever at my
grandparent's house because it always meant fireworks. That said, I am
very thankful the City of Austin bans all fireworks within the city
limits.

It still does not stop the id10t's from going outside the city buying
then and the setting them off in their back yard.
I know I live in Lago Vista and have many friends in Austin.
Spent many a July 4th at a friends BBQ's watching the neighborhood
fireworks displays.