I wrote a little poem

Old August 12th 03, 03:26 AM
bewtifulfreak

Default I wrote a little poem

"CATherine" wrote in message
Djoser is:
Midnight gloss
Middle hanging
Graceful swaying
Side to side
Between four
Paddy paws
Alternating
On the path
Of Feline Whim.

That's lovely, CATherine, thank you for sharing that. Reminds me of my
kitties, especially because they are both black and, though they're not
overweight, have saggy little bellies.... But they are both graceful and
full of whimsy as well. Do you write much poetry? If you have any posted
anywhere, I'd love to read more!

Not in any way trying to usurp your poem (as if I could!), but I wrote this
about my Dalton awhile back (more prose than poetry, but what the hey -

There's A Cat On My Desk

There's something I just love about having one of the cats on my desk as I
write. Aside from the fact that their initial instinct is to plant
themselves directly in the middle of what I'm trying to do in just such a
way so's I can't do it, there is something so blissfully charming about
having a cat on my desk as I write, something so warmly satisfying, just a
big warm fuzzy. Such a sense of companionship, a sense of home, that even
when I have nothing more to say, I don't want to stop writing, because there
's a cat on my desk, and something about that just feels so right. There's a
cat on my desk, and he's taking a bath, now he's scratching, and now, he's
looking for love in all the right places. I love my cats, and there is just
something so right about a cat on my desk, something that makes me think
that maybe my life just isn't so bad after all.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 04:40 AM
Marina

"CATherine" wrote
Djoser is:
Midnight gloss
Middle hanging
Graceful swaying
Side to side
Between four
Paddy paws
Alternating
On the path
Of Feline Whim.

CATherine, contemplating feline grace

That's wonderful, Catherine!

--
Marina
Old August 12th 03, 05:32 AM
bewtifulfreak

"CATherine" wrote in message

David S. has one of my poems on his page. It is about a Kitten. I
wrote that one 30-odd years ago. I have a few others about other
subjects I wrote about that time. Um..somewhere in my desk. :-))

Which one is yours (I don't see a CATherine, so I don't know if that's an
alias, or I'm looking in the wrong place!)? I'd love to see any more of
your poems you happen to dig up.

Not in any way trying to usurp your poem (as if I could!)

snip

That is so neat. I can feel your delight and the warm, fuzzy as I read
this. Happiness is...a cat on my desk!! :-)

Aww, thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 05:36 AM
bewtifulfreak

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
"CATherine" wrote in message

David S. has one of my poems on his page. It is about a Kitten. I
wrote that one 30-odd years ago. I have a few others about other
subjects I wrote about that time. Um..somewhere in my desk. :-))

Which one is yours (I don't see a CATherine, so I don't know if that's an
alias, or I'm looking in the wrong place!)?

Nevermind, I didn't notice there was a Page 2, LOL! I really like that
poem, too, it definitely captures the kinetic energy that is kittenhood.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 05:45 AM
Sherry

[...]

You've painted a lovely picture. I got warm fuzzies just reading it.
Unfortunately, my cats don't give me warm fuzzies when I try to write. Frank
loves to be kissed on the head. So he's standing on the keyboard with his head
in my face. He alternates positions and sticks the other end in my face for a
while. Then he acts really impatient, as if he's saying, "FOR GODS SAKES LOOK
AT MY BUTT." Then he starts biting my fingers. So I usually stop and kiss him
on the head, he kisses back (it's really disgusting to non-cat people, I
wouldn't tell that to just anybody). Frank's awfully needy.

Sherry
Old August 12th 03, 06:01 AM
bewtifulfreak

"Sherry " wrote in message
There's A Cat On My Desk

You've painted a lovely picture. I got warm fuzzies just reading it.

Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. )))

Unfortunately, my cats don't give me warm fuzzies when I try to write.

Frank
loves to be kissed on the head. So he's standing on the keyboard with his

head
in my face. He alternates positions and sticks the other end in my face

for a
while. Then he acts really impatient, as if he's saying, "FOR GODS SAKES

LOOK
AT MY BUTT."

LOLOL....well, that's probably his idea of warm fuzzies! Greebo does that
to me all the time, climbs on the desk in front of me and paces back and
forth, and sticks both his head and his butt in my face (LOL....he just
stuck his tail in my face as I was writing this!, then jumped up on the
printer , and paces back and forth, and generally drives me crazy until
finally he settles down and lies down in front of me. The monitor blocking
tends to drive me crazy, cuz I'm generally in the middle of something and
can't see what I'm doing when he does this, but it's all worth it once he
settles, the big cuddle bug.

Then he starts biting my fingers. So I usually stop and kiss him
on the head, he kisses back (it's really disgusting to non-cat people, I
wouldn't tell that to just anybody). Frank's awfully needy.

Awww....well, I'm obviously a cat person, cuz I think that's just *sweet*!
He sounds like a real love....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 06:08 AM
bewtifulfreak

"Marina" wrote in message

That could have been my Frank you were describing, except that my Frank
doesn't demand attention when I'm on the 'puter, but when I read a

newspaper
or book. Just now he came and rolled all over my newspaper, stuck his face
in my face, stuck his behind in my face, nearly rolled off the table, and
then started snatching at my hands.

Greebo is always nearly rolling off everything.... I swear, for a generally
graceful cat, he's such a klutz! And I know what you mean about the book
thing; I'll be writing in my journal, or reading, and all of a sudden,
there's a big fat flumpkin in the middle of my book. They really know
how to make themselves the center of attention, don't they??

Oh, and the snatching thing....Greebo is such a spoiled brat (thanks to me
spoiling him, of course ~, that I'll be eating a bowl of cereal, and he's
pawing at the bowl trying to get me to give him some of my milk! I mean, I
tend to give him the little bit that's left when I have some, but now he's
taking things a bit too far, the pushy little stinker....! You should see
him when we have *ice cream*....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 12th 03, 06:34 AM
Marina

"bewtifulfreak" wrote

Oh, and the snatching thing....Greebo is such a spoiled brat (thanks to me
spoiling him, of course ~, that I'll be eating a bowl of cereal, and

he's
pawing at the bowl trying to get me to give him some of my milk! I mean,

tend to give him the little bit that's left when I have some, but now he's
taking things a bit too far, the pushy little stinker....! You should see
him when we have *ice cream*....

LOL! I read about the cereal, and thought about Frank and ice cream, and
then you mentioned ice cream. Yes, Frank will come and stick his head
between me and the ice cream bowl. ;o)

--
Marina

Old August 12th 03, 02:16 PM

[...]