Sammy and the rooster

Old March 30th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sammy and the rooster

Most times, even when in full zoomy mode, Sam runs around the bed to
get to the window. The other morning she was too excited and ran
across the bed - and the sleeping hoomin - running from window to
window trying to keep something in sight. After about the third time
she lept from from to floor to hoomin midrift to floor I got up to see
what was so darned exciting.

I put on some pants and went outside and discovered that someone's
chickens had escaped - a rooster was walking around outside the
apartment crowing to greet the sunrise. This was a first live chicken
sighting for Sammy, no doubt the biggest bird she's ever seen. I don't
know where they belong, but at least one hen and a rooster were still
on the loose yesterday afternoon as I saw them as I left for work.

Sammy now knows what a rooster sounds like, as she now runs from
window to window each morning when she hears it crow. Thankfully she's
been sticking to the floor instead of leaping on hoomin midrifts while
they sleep - now if she could make the rounds between windows as a
steathy feline instead of a herd of stampeding elephants I could get
some sleep in the morning.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: