BIG SNOW COMING

Old January 18th 13, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default BIG SNOW COMING

Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie always wants to skip his breakfast to "help" feed the chickens.

Boyfie wants to skip breakfast? How is that even possible?

--
Joyce

I've never really addressed those rumors, 'cause I always figured
why defend yourself against something that's not offensive?

-- Johnny Galecki, regarding rumors about him being gay (he's not)
Old January 18th 13, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

m...

Christina Websell wrote:
For the UK tomorrow so i went out and got all we needed.
Boyfie and myself will be fine for weeks for food.
I got myself a new calor gas bottle for the little heater I have in case
my wood runs out.
We will be Ok.
It's a bit nippy here.
Boyfie has discovered that I put the fire on in the kitchen when it
gets -5 or more.
It's horribly cold here.
We are expecting a foot of snow overnight, but we are prepared ;-)
How lucky I am not to have to go to work..as they would 've deducted my
pay if I did not chance it.

Considering the extremes of weather all over the world, I simply cannot
understand how ANYONE can refuse to believe in the reality of "Climate
Change"!

I can't either.

Joy

Old January 19th 13, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message

Considering the extremes of weather all over the world, I
simply
cannot understand how ANYONE can refuse to believe in the
reality of
"Climate Change"!

I consider myself to be a scientist. I have a degree in physics.

There is evidence to support the theory of climate change. But it
is just a theory.

What is debatable is the arrogance of Man in deciding that it's
our activities that are causing climate change.

I also studied geology. The geological record, if the theories
are to be believed, shows climate change over many millenia (and
I use that to mean *tens of millions* of years, not thousands).
The theories say that there were no species of man around when
many of the changes previously occurred.

Modern climate change and geology are just theories. We can't
actually prove any of it.

--
MatSav

Old January 19th 13, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/19/2013 7:20 AM, MatSav wrote:
[...]

Good points! However, I do believe we don't need to be cutting down
tons of forests and destroying ecosystems just because we can. I don't
have a solution, nor do I wish to start any sort of polical debate.
That happens, I'll kill the thread. I'm just saying there are some
things we can and should do more responsibly.

Jill
Old January 19th 13, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 18/01/2013 8:10 PM, Joy wrote:
m...

Christina Websell wrote:
For the UK tomorrow so i went out and got all we needed.
Boyfie and myself will be fine for weeks for food.
I got myself a new calor gas bottle for the little heater I have in case
my wood runs out.
We will be Ok.
It's a bit nippy here.
Boyfie has discovered that I put the fire on in the kitchen when it
gets -5 or more.
It's horribly cold here.
We are expecting a foot of snow overnight, but we are prepared ;-)
How lucky I am not to have to go to work..as they would 've deducted my
pay if I did not chance it.

Considering the extremes of weather all over the world, I simply cannot
understand how ANYONE can refuse to believe in the reality of "Climate
Change"!

I can't either.

Joy

Climates always change, always have and always will. It is possible,
although not proven, that human activities are contributing to the
current changes. It is also possible, but most certainly not proven,
that changing human activities will alter the direction of climate
change, whether it's natural or human-caused or human-influenced.

This doesn't mean humans can't or shouldn't decide to live a low-key
lifestyle if necessary to maintain natural resources, or make
well-planned changes to clean up polluted land to re-use it as anything
from parks to housing. It does mean that radical changes in the economic
system are far more likely to have unintended side-effects in the short
and probably long term than they are to have the effects predicted by
their proponents on the poorly-understood world climate.

A LOT of the ones I've read about - eg making energy artificially more
expensive so people use less of it - are FAR more likely to make life
even more miserable and precarious for the poorest people than they are
to fulfil the climate change predictions of their middle and upper class
supporters.

--
Cheryl
Old January 19th 13, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 18, 12:59 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
We are expecting a foot of snow overnight,

How is it where you are? Just started in London about 40 minutes ago

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 19th 13, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 18/01/2013 8:10 PM, Joy wrote:
m...

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Well said, Cheryl!

Joy

Old January 19th 13, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MatSav wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message

Considering the extremes of weather all over the world, I
simply
cannot understand how ANYONE can refuse to believe in the
reality of
"Climate Change"!

I consider myself to be a scientist. I have a degree in physics.

There is evidence to support the theory of climate change. But it
is just a theory.

What is debatable is the arrogance of Man in deciding that it's
our activities that are causing climate change.

I also studied geology. The geological record, if the theories
are to be believed, shows climate change over many millenia (and
I use that to mean *tens of millions* of years, not thousands).
The theories say that there were no species of man around when
many of the changes previously occurred.

There won't be when the current trend resolves itself, either! So?
However much humankind is or is not contributing to it, can anyone deny
it's happening?

Modern climate change and geology are just theories. We can't
actually prove any of it.

With a great deal of evidence to support them. (Including the
progressive extinction of corals and the microscopic critters they
support, which in their turn support other marine life, with food fish
for humans being one link in the chain.)

Old January 19th 13, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Ummm... Seems to me its an issue that goes far beyond the "political",
Jill. We're talking survival of "life" as we know it, here!
(Cockroaches have been around longer than mankind - they may well
inherit the earth, ultimately.)
Old January 19th 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" -cooked bnet wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Boyfie always wants to skip his breakfast to "help" feed the chickens.

Boyfie wants to skip breakfast? How is that even possible?

He has found that I always feed the chickens before him so he may as well
come down the garden with me - pretending to help but really saying "hurry
up so can get mine."
I am happy that he has a great appetite.
I spent a lot of time making nice things for my cat and dogs when they got
CRF and having them rejected.
All those little tuna things and chicken for Kitty Farmcat. All the things
I cooked for my elderly whippets.
Would I do it again?
My head says no. My heart says absolutely.

Tweed

--

"Walking isn't a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage."

Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)lews

TNR coming up dgk Cat anecdotes 0 October 4th 12 07:35 PM
They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha! John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 2 May 5th 11 09:44 PM
Big snow coming Amelia Cat community 70 February 23rd 11 11:10 PM
Ot le tit snow let it snow at least frost NMR Cat anecdotes 27 January 10th 06 04:27 PM
Could be an IBK coming! Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 9 April 30th 05 03:37 AM