Waffles being goofy

Old December 2nd 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Waffles being goofy

Waffles is usually a rather dignified cat. He sneers at Pickles when she
rolls over so I can give her a tummy rub. That sort of thing is definitely
beneath him. In fact, although he loves to have me pet him if he's on my
lap, or if he's decided to snuggle up next to me in bed (something he
recently started doing occasionally), if I try to pet him while he's lying
on the couch, he usually acts as though he's going to bite or scratch me.

He gets a little bit of wet food every evening about 6:30. Some time
between 5:00 and 5:30, he starts pestering for it. Usually I'm at the
computer, and he'll start by lying in the doorway and saying "Mew!" very
sharply. After several repeats of that don't work, his next technique is to
come into the computer room and jump up so his front paws land on my lap
with a jolt. He usually won't come up on my lap, and runs away if I try to
pet him. He repeats this frequently until I either yell at him or get up
and go feed him.

This afternoon, he did the jumping up thing a little before 3:00. After the
third or fourth time, I pulled him up into my lap, but he wasn't having
that. He jumped down and immediately repeated his act. Finally I thought
maybe he was trying to tell me something was wrong with Pickles, so I
decided to get up and see where he wanted me to go. As he led me down the
hallway, I saw Pickles lying on my bed. He went straight into the living
room, jumped up on the couch and laid down. I wondered if he wanted me to
pet him, and that's exactly what he wanted. I gave him some skritches, then
finally came back to the computer. He looked disgusted when I left, but he
hasn't bothered me since.

--

Joy

It takes a harsh and cruel drought to sort the weaker saplings out.
It makes room for stronger trees; maybe that's what life's about.
- John Williamson, Galleries of Pink Gallahs"

Old December 3rd 12, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Heh! "Skritches by osmosis"! I suspect there's a connection to
the mothership, and when one cat gets petted, all of the others
who are tuned in at that time get the same emotional sense of
well-being :-)

--
MatSav

Old December 3rd 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/2/2012 6:35 PM, Joy wrote:
This afternoon, he did the jumping up thing a little before 3:00. After the
third or fourth time, I pulled him up into my lap, but he wasn't having
that. He jumped down and immediately repeated his act. Finally I thought
maybe he was trying to tell me something was wrong with Pickles, so I
decided to get up and see where he wanted me to go. As he led me down the
hallway, I saw Pickles lying on my bed. He went straight into the living
room, jumped up on the couch and laid down. I wondered if he wanted me to
pet him, and that's exactly what he wanted. I gave him some skritches, then
finally came back to the computer. He looked disgusted when I left, but he
hasn't bothered me since.

Did you think Waffles was Lassie in a cat suit? (teasing) "Come quick,
Pickles fell in the well!"

I've only ever had this one cat, Persia. But I've learned cats vary
their routines just to be confusing little creatures. Persia is
constantly testing how early she can get her little bit of canned food
to go along with her prescription kibble. I free feed the kibble and
she eats it, absolutely. But she acts like the world will end if I
don't give her a little bit of canned Friskies first thing in the
morning. At 6AM, unless I *have* to get up that is not an option. Then
again around 5PM... but let's see if meowmie will give it to me if I
start acting pitiful around 3:00. LOL

When it comes to scritches, sometimes Persia wants them, ther times she
just wants to be next to me without being touched. Except for an
occasional face rub It's often hard to tell the difference. She
talks a lot, too, but then she always has. I really don't understand
what she's trying to tell me.

Another thing I've learned: the more room you give a cat in a given
space (bed, chair, couch) the more space they take up.

Jill
Old December 4th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 12/2/2012 6:35 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

Well, not really, but ever since the time he jumped me to stop me from
stuffing Pickles headfirst into a cat carrier (I hadn't realized she was
claustrophobic, but she screamed and he jumped me), I haven't been sure
about things like that.

I've also heard about cats who alerted their people to fires and other
problems, so I thought I'd better see what he wanted.

[...]

That's for sure. It's also true that the more you give in to them (whether
they're demanding extra treats, food or attention), the more demanding
they'll be.

Joy

Goofy Cat jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 September 17th 09 08:11 PM
Goofy Shamrock Cheryl Cat anecdotes 15 August 16th 09 06:10 PM
Vid: Caliban being goofy Marina Cat anecdotes 2 January 7th 09 04:44 AM
another goofy video Outsider Cat anecdotes 12 November 27th 07 04:07 AM
goofy critters David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 36 April 9th 04 07:06 PM