Soft Paws

Old July 3rd 03, 06:20 AM
Tara

Laura A. Robinson wrote:
circa Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:16:13 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Tara ) said,

Some of the posters here are much more concerned with furthering
their own agendas than with actually reading what is written and
evaluating it on its own merits. And then there are the just-plain-
freaks like ol' Joe there.

Yeah, I read that little exchange there.

All I can say is you'll fit right in here in NYC. heh heh heh.

snork I was feeling grumpy. ;-)

Hey....happens to the best of us. heh

P.S. Signed the lease yesterday.

CONGRATS!!! That's got to be a relief.

For pics (I'm going to be doing a
lot of painting and stripping of wood):

Isn't your landlord going to paint it for you?

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=gee...=870568&Pres=Y

COOL!

I notice you have a skylight. I'm only *slightly* jealous of that. (ok,
more than slightly). The fact that your hallway is bigger than my whole
studio is....well, my cats saw it and they'll be calling you tomorrow I
think. Something about switching loyalties....couldn't tell as they were
grumbling and giving me shifty eyed glances.

And, I've never heard of a server room?

Gorgeous place! I love prewar buildings.

I'm assuming the cats approved :-)

Tara

Old July 3rd 03, 05:44 PM
Karen M.

"P.D." wrote in message .net...
I tried to train my cats, and they are just stubborn, they won't scratch the
furniture when I am home, but when I go out they do. I make a big issue
over it because it destroys my stuff and make my home look like a slum.

I can't understand why people make such a big issue over cats and
scratching... why get a cat in the first place if you aren't prepared to
train it properly!

P.D.,

I think you may be looking for a solution to the wrong problem - you
said the cats scratch when you go out. Is it possible they are
scratching out of displeasure for your leaving? Are you gone a lot?
Are they getting enough physical and mental stimulation when you are
home? Perhaps 20-30 minutes of hard play time before you leave would
tire them out and make them more inclined to sleep than scratch. Also,
there's something call "Feliway", a synthetic cat pheromone which
helps calm cats down. It could be they experience anxiety when you
leave and that is why they are scratching.

My cats (all taught this by my matriarch cat, Audrey) scratch on
furniture and rugs to show displeasure or gain attention. Total
negative attention getting!
And it works everytime, because I of course make a beeline for
whatever cat is doing it. Smart little suckers. Anyway, some food for
thought. I've never used Smart Paws myself, so I can't comment on
that. Personally, if you can nip the inappropriate scratching in the
bud, I think that would be the best way to go. Good luck!

Karen
Old July 3rd 03, 06:13 PM
Marilyn Ratcheson Stern

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:36:45 GMT, Laura A. Robinson
wrote:

P.S. Signed the lease yesterday. For pics (I'm going to be doing a
lot of painting and stripping of wood):

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=gee...=870568&Pres=Y

That apartment is just beautiful! I'm sure your cats will be very
pleased. Good luck!

-Marilyn

Hands and untouchable paws jmcquown Cat anecdotes 13 December 2nd 04 07:24 PM
Just put "Soft Paws" on my cats P.D. Cat health & behaviour 2 July 19th 03 01:23 AM
Soft Paws Liz Cat health & behaviour 47 July 5th 03 06:37 AM
Soft Paws Liz Cats - misc 1 July 1st 03 08:16 AM