7 year old Persian lost her fur.

Old January 19th 04, 03:56 AM
Captain Midnight

Default 7 year old Persian lost her fur.

My 7 year old Persian had been sick with a uritanary track infection,
She was on Anti-batics for 21 days. She is not eating much. I went away
for 8 days and boarded her at the vet,with her husband. An all black
Persian,(beautiful). When I broungt my Honey home I noticed her tail was
real thin?? I called the vet and he said she was nerverous while there
and licked her fur. Some females have hormone changes when they get
stressed out and loose there hair?? Has anyone heard of this?? How long
will it take to grow back. She is also stressed out because her 4 year
old baby boy,My Romeo died from a unirary track infection about 1 month
ago. The doctor told me not to feed them Kitten chow anymore. She loves
the kitten chow and won't hardley eat anything else and is loosing
weight.

Ruth
Malachi 3:10

Old January 19th 04, 01:40 PM
Captain Midnight

Thanks for your help, I will fax my vet your concerns, I know when Romeo
died(he was my baby,I cry just thinking of him)I changed vets and my new
vet is excellent,I took Honey and Midnight and they were given complete
check ups,$739 worth,they were there all day,I know Honey had a unitary
track infection,but the other vet had her on different pills and he was
a cheap vet in and out 28 dollars and could not call back,lines were so
busy, This vet is GOOD,thats why I boarded them there. But the advice to
have someone who knows pets stay in my house is good too. I always had a
housesitter but my Romeo got sick while I was in Europe and she had no
clue what was up. WHen I got home I took him to the cheap vet and he
said give him these pills and a shot and sent us on our way, 3 weeks
later I went to N.Y. came home a day early and the baby Romeo was
moaning when he peed,SO off we went to the cheap vet,gave us more pills
and said watch him,well he went into urimitic poising,by the time I got
him to the new Emergency vet in the morning ,he died on the way,I could
not believe my Baby was dead.I'm still crying and that was one month ago
yesterday. I watch my other two Persians like a hawk,but we also travel
a lot on business,I will pay the high price of good vet service.I will
get something for her appetite. The doctor said she ate while she was
there,thanks again.

Ruth
Malachi 3:10

Old January 19th 04, 04:27 PM
Karen

I'm really sorry to hear about Romeo. I'm glad you are no longer seeing that
vet. Blockage absolutely does not have to be a death sentence and I am sad
thinking that you weren't helped more by your vet. VERY bad vet. Honey is
in a very stressful time right now. She lost her buddy, she was separated
from you and she probably feels your stress over Romeo as well. Please get
some Feliway, try relaxing with her and giving her LOTS of extra attention.
What is she eating and how much?

Karen

Old January 20th 04, 06:35 AM
Knack

"Captain Midnight" wrote in message
My 7 year old Persian had been sick with a uritanary track infection,
She was on Anti-batics for 21 days. She is not eating much. I went away
for 8 days and boarded her at the vet,with her husband. An all black
Persian,(beautiful). When I broungt my Honey home I noticed her tail was
real thin?? I called the vet and he said she was nerverous while there
and licked her fur. Some females have hormone changes when they get
stressed out and loose there hair?? Has anyone heard of this?? How long
will it take to grow back. She is also stressed out because her 4 year
old baby boy,My Romeo died from a unirary track infection about 1 month
ago. The doctor told me not to feed them Kitten chow anymore. She loves
the kitten chow and won't hardley eat anything else and is loosing
weight.

Sounds like ringworm; especially since it began at a kennel. Ringworm is
quite contagious; even to you. When a cat's (or person's) resistance is low,
that's when ringworm runs rampant and causes hair loss. have a vet do a
ringworm test. Takes a few days for the vet to get test results back to you.