BlueBird update

Old April 6th 04, 08:53 PM
Napoleon

"Yoj" wrote in message hlink.net...
I had a talk with BlueBird this afternoon. She is still having all the
health problems, and seldom has the energy to get to the computer any
more. LittleBit doesn't have much of an appetite.

However, there is good news. In spite of the appetite problem, and the
fact that she weighs only 6 pounds, LittleBit seems to be doing quite
well. Also, BlueBird has a friend who is hoping to move in with her, so
she won't have to move to be cared for. There is some red tape
involved, but they were able to take care of that, which they didn't
think would be possible. There are some complications. The friend is
36 years old and still lives with a very controlling mother. She has
some debts she needs to pay off, and since her mother controls the
finances, this is difficult. However, she is making progress, and is
also becoming more assertive. Obviously, I don't know the whole story,
but BlueBird has asked for prayers and purrs that this works out, if it
is meant to be. She says the Alzheimer's is getting worse, so she
really needs this.

Joy

I sure hope things work out for Bluebird and LittleBit. It's doubly
hard on someone like her because all the red tape associated with
programs to help the elderly is complicated and full of pitholes.
It's hard for a younger person unencumbered by health problems to deal
with, much less a person in her situation. Hopefully her friend can
move in with her and the result can be a "win-win" situation.
Old April 7th 04, 12:03 AM
Yoj

"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...
"Yoj" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for your good thoughts. I'm going to pass on everyone's good
wishes to her. However, I will change the word "elderly" in your
message to "disabled". Although she has been on disability for several
years because of her health problems, BlueBird just turned 60 recently.
Since I'm 68, I don't consider 60 to be "elderly", and I suspect she
doesn't either. :-)

Joy

Old April 7th 04, 08:53 PM
Napoleon

"Yoj" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...
"Yoj" wrote in message

[...]

I apologize for the mischaracterization. I remember reading some
posts about her difficulties in the past and now that I think about it
I don't know if any of them indicated her age. I made the incorrect
assumption that she was elderly because so many aspects of her
circumstancees sounded like those in which persons significantly older
than her all too often face. Of course, as her situation demonstrates,
an adult at any age could be confronted with the same problems. I
really hope things work out for her.

Old April 7th 04, 09:05 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Best wishes to BlueBird and LittleBit from me and the Magnificent
Seven.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 7th 04, 09:47 PM
Yoj

"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...
"Yoj" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...
"Yoj" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I recognized the good will in your message, and I can understand
why you had the conception you had.

Joy

Old April 7th 04, 09:47 PM
Yoj

"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...
"Yoj" wrote in message

hlink.net...
"Napoleon" wrote in message
om...

Old April 7th 04, 09:48 PM
Yoj

Thanks, Ginger-lyn and everybody else for your good wishes for BlueBird.
I have collected them, and will be sending them to her today.

--
Joy

Life is what happens to you while you are planning to do something else.